xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mike83

Xbox 360 Vs. Dreamcast?!?

DreamCast doesn?t work now,dreamcast die, xbox is the future generationwith halo and more games,dreamcast is obsolet.xbox has more graphics I played it at Best Buy. They have a wide screen TV for it. It was *bleep*ing A!The demo that mostly impressed me was Call of Duty 2. It is no longer a run n' gun game and you actually need to be careful. Take cover, go around bunkers, etc...If you go through the level like rambo you will die. I found that to be a significant improvement to the previous Call of Duty games. I just hope its like that with all the levels.

Dreamcasts were a total flop I only know one person who still has one and thats because his dad is a game fanatic and buys every console as soon as it's released. I think the xbox 360 will smash the gaming market, it is released at a prime time (christmas) and has virtually no competition. I'll definately be buying one.

Hehe, thanks for the interesting read. Although there seem to be many stricking similarities between the two, we can't take this article for serious; there are many other components or aspects that play in the role of making a gaming console successful. A comment on the previous post: just because something sells, doesn't make that product one of a high quality and standard.I believe that the Xbox360 will, indeed, sell out as soon as it hits the market, just because it is something new and people will pay top-dollar to experience it. And while I do believe that the console will be a great one, I am not so sure that it will be the best one out there, especially when the PS3 comes out (but that's a different topic; I'll stay out of it as this is about xbox 360 vs. Dreamcast).

Even though the xbox started out pretty bad (had that ercall, and was way too expensive, and didn't sell well), at least it made it. The dreamcast never made anything, it was way too early, not many people had it, and it only got somewhat popular after it already fell. That is pretty funny considering Nintendo and Sega were rivals and now Sega makes games for the nintendo :P All in all, xbox 360 should never be compared to the dreamcast- the dreamcast has graphics like normal xbox and the ps2 and gamecube, not this new generation coming out- wrong time.

Thats pretty weird... all the simaliarites. I nad no clue Dreamcast was even still being developped! I thought sega had given up long ago...Really, I trust sony much more than I would Sega or Microsoft. Even though PS3's controllers look like a midevil weapon, theres still time for change :)

man.. today, ,i went to circuit city, and they had the xbox 360 out for trail pllaying. It was awesome. The graphic was incredibly good. The graphic is like those 3D animated movies. That was my first time seeing a console game with such great graphic. it is very sad how i think xbox 360 will be out powered by playstation 3. It doesn't even support the next generation dvds. While playstation is using blue ray disk.lol..i didn't know dreamcast and xbox 360 have so many things in common. I still own a dreamcast myself. I love it. =P. I played shenmue on it.. can't wait till they release shenmue 3 for xbox =P

This is a no brainer. Dreamcast is old and cheap. XBOX 360 is new and all the cool games will release upon it. Having an XBOX360 would make you cool with your friends while a dreamcast is just another old toy that no on cares about..

I would really like to buy Xbox 360, but I don't have the funds right now. $399 to $60 per game? It seems very high to me. Perhaps I'll buy the 360 when it drops in price, or maybe even the Revolution (although just for the downloadable old school games).

I think the Dreamcast was a very good console. Unfortunatly, they stopped making games for the Dreamcast, reason probably why is they didn't have enough money. But the few games that they did create while Dreamcast were active was excellent. The best game ive ever played was on the Dreamcast. The name, you ask? JetSet Radio. This game had the size of GTA: San Andreas, and the graphics of Call of Duty 2. This game was undoubtibly the big one at the time.In my opinion, Dreamcast, 'WAS' the better out of the two.

Nice find, I saw the same thing on a ytmnd. (cut up into seperate frames). Although they do have a point there still is a huge difference between the dream cast and xbox 360 in their launch. Prior to launch of the 360 Microsoft had aquired a considerable amount of momentum on their "Xbox franciase (spelling?)". However, DreamCast didnt have a largely successful previous console. But.... Blah, blah, blah.. forget that.Bottom line is that sony will continue to dominate the video game market (in consoles that is) , as they always have.