xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
devildude93

Motorala Razor Phone Has anyone got it?

ah, come on, things are getting silly now in the world of technology. What's with all these cheap fake phone gimmicks? naff cameras and cheap razors. The idea of mobile phones were quick means of communication between one another. They were never designed for all the stuff existent nowadays.I don't agree with this, and feel they should concentrate on a cheaper pay scheme, rather than gimmicks which are not worth bothering with.These are only my personal opinions though! :P

i dont ahve one but i want one because it would be more efficient for me and wouldnt break half as easily as the one i have would plus it looks cool. anywayz i dont know anyone who has one but within the next couple months i should be getting one depending on if my phone company will comply with the phone itself...who knows

now i'm wating for the latest phones, you know, is christmas, and sure you will see a great series of technology. i like the r3 because it's stylized design, but it doesn't have a lot of things that other phones offers you, like mp3, memory stick cxompability, infrared port or i don't remember wether is bluetooth, edge technology, and well it is pretty cool design but not a good tool for everyday, as i told you i prefer to wait december to see what will bring us the technology!

From what i have heard, yes the Razr is a cool phone but it is not built very well. The keys scratch the screen and the average lifetime of the phone is like 3 months until it needs to be replaced. If you get one, get a good warrenty repair plan so it will be replaced after the first year. If not you are screwed. For more information on the phone, go to phonescoop.com and they have tons of phone reviews.

I worked with someone who has one of these phones, when I saw it, I said "cool phone" but he told me that though it looked very cool, it wasn't a very good phone, he said the calls are too quiet, so you couldn;t hear what was being said, he also said it couldn't do anything other than be a phone, which is ok, if thats all you want, but with so many phones letting you do more than just call/txt on them, seems a bit naff.

my friend has this phone which was given to her by her boyfriend as a gift. The first time friends and i saw the phone we were stunned because it was so slim and cute. The design is really good although all in all it's not really that fab.

What is so special about these phones? I really do not get all the hype. Sure they're thin, but what else is so special about them. Do they have a touch screen? Are they smart phones? Do they have a qwerty keyboard? Do they have PIM applications (ala blackberry/palm)? The answer is probably no to all these questions, so in my opinion, this phone is nothing special. It's really pointless at this time to own something like this. Now if they included all the above features, plus walkie talkie, then they'd have me salivating at the mouth, and first in line to buy a phone like that. ;)

I have a RAZR serviced by verizon. But if u do get that phone you definatly should get the whole protection plan on it. And the RAZR's for r=verizon have V-cast on it so they work preaty well and are really kool.

All the tech heads that bought it because it was the latest and greatest complain about it. I remember I looked at one a few months ago when they first came out showed me another motoroloa that cheaper and had more featuers. While the Razr looks cool, it is extremely flimsy. The tech heads have been slightly dissapointed with performance and two that I know went through two or three each in six months and finally got different phone. I one of them forgot about it, slipped it in his back pocket and then sat down on a concrete ledge. Given the guy weighs about 350...crunch!The other people that have purchased the phone seem to be those that want it as a status symbol or fashion acessory. These people wouldn't admit if they had bought a dud even if they had. Judging by the number of teenagers that have the phone and the number of more vein folks I know that also own one... I'm not sold on the phone. All the reports I've read is that the construction is rather poor, especially on the first gen. The more interesting phone to me, if I were a cingular customer, would be the newer silvr onlybecause it also has iTunes. But the biggest draw back is that with stuff that small, I'd better carry the protection plan because I'd loose the damned things.

Some people say that this phone has terrible screen. It fades out, loses contrast and other things. My personal opinion that the phone is very original itself, and even though it has only 5.5mb of internal memory and its caera is far from being considered a good one.

My cousin has one, I played Tetris on it. It didn't feel very natural, even though the key scheme was the same as every other phone- it felt weird. I also am of the philosophy that a phone should primarily be a phone. The RAZR, it seems to me, is primarily eyecandy.