xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Final)arkJon

Hardware Upgrade Options decisions to make

Ok heres my Situation...I currently have a decent pc, running socket 754 and agp still. Im either gona upgrade my pc now... or buy a new one next year, heres my situation:I havedfi lanparty nf3 250gb mobo-KING of overclockingamd athlon 3400+ proc-socket 7542x512-sucky ram(CANT OVERCLOCK!!!!)9200 ati agp4x,8x card(SUCKS!)Poning thermaltake 480w psuPoning thermaltake sviking caseStock heat sink(wahhh)hd-80gb(no problems here Smile)cd rw driveMy thing is... Should i buy new agp card (probly 6800gt or so),_liquid cooling, and new ram? ORShould i wait until socket m comes out next year and build a whole new pc with lq cooling, pci xpress, socket m, and same case and stuff? what you think

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
You should know better than to name your topic "Hey Hey What Can I Do?" You MUST have topic description as well. Moving to Hardware.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

I should buy a new grafhics card. A new 6800 will give you a lot of more performance than a ATI 9200.And you can sell your memory and buy new, better overclockable memory chips. I recommend not to wait until the new socket comes out, because prices will be very high in the beginning. Just upgrade and buy some new hardware, when prices are low.

your system is pretty sweet on my standard and same with Erwin I would not upgrade it all for now. Changing the AGP would be the best option here, I am not so sure about the issues on your memory, could you provide more info on why you cannot overclock with it?As for the CPU heatsink-fan, do you feel that the system or CPU really cannot cope up with the current one you have? Are you experiencing some instability problems? If not then I would also advice not to go into water cooling yet, this is of course if the present thermal solution can still hold.

Just get the video card. Thats all you'll need. If you want a bigger performance boost, you should get a new mother board that has PCI-express so you can get a better video card (nvidia 7800GT).

My recommendation is to buy a graphics card, and the best one I could find according to the price and speed is XFX GeForce 7800GT PCi-E which can also work in SLi mode. But if you have pretty high budget you might think about switching to 939 socket and buying a new motherboard supporting SLi. About your RAM - if it's not overclocking, it doesn't mean it's bad or anything, just to let you know you might be lucky enough to overclock some OCZ RAM with heatsinks, but if its some noname without heatsink - don't expect too much.