xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
floresid

What's News In Your Neighborhood? Current events

I've never started a thread here before, so I hope I'm putting this in the right place.I was watching the news earlier this morning and saw a week's recap of what's happening in my community. The top story of my interest was that there is a large nuclear waste leak into one of our rivers. Normally this is not news to us, seeing's how we have one of the nation's largest waste cleanup area's in our back yard, and I work @ a nuke plant. The nuke plant is actually rather clean, it's the older defunct plants that produced plutonium and the sorts for wmd's that cause the problem. It would seem that the underground leakage is 3x's the allowable by the federal government. Which means that they allow this to happen, to an extent and still be acceptable. The good news is that due to the size of the river and the flow, that water intake for a large city 9 miles down stream is diluted enough for it be "safe." I'm glad I live another 4 miles down stream from there, I guess my water is even cleaner, since those poor sap's get first dibs on the "glowing water." :P

Three times the allowable limit is acceptable???Then why don't they raise the limit? *wait* there is a government involved, that will explain it...

Sure. Crime. There is always plenty of that. Seems to be a lot of breakins and roberies as well. It is very interesting. The crime is on the rise. I am just glad I am moving farther out.Seems like there it is safer in the country. That is why I like it so much.And then we have the conservation issues, as anywhere has. Water and rivers. No pollution yet. But we'll get there. Another problem is the air quality. So you could say we got some interesting news. Anyone else want to have a go? Whats you're news?

I live in a small town :) where nothing really very much happens, well not in public events anyway.but I did witness a fatal accident and yes im sad to say it was fatal. Men and their bikes, from that I think you can guess the story. My grandma and grandad were coming to see me, they were 30 minutes late so I went to the top of the street to look out for them. There was a roar of a motorbike in my left ear, I turned, 2 men on powerful sports bikes were powerblasting up the hill, the second lost control at a shallow corner and slammed into the wall. Me and a passer by rushed to the nearest phone box and scrammbled to get and ambulance and the cops, there was nothing we could do, he had already died :) the paramedics said it would be best if I returned home and not to think about it.A sad story I know but thats probably the biggest thing that has ever happened in my small town.

I've never started a thread here before, so I hope I'm putting this in the right place.

I was watching the news earlier this morning and saw a week's recap of what's happening in my community.  The top story of my interest was that there is a large nuclear waste leak into one of our rivers.  Normally this is not news to us, seeing's how we have one of the nation's largest waste cleanup area's in our back yard, and I work @ a nuke plant.  The nuke plant is actually rather clean, it's the older defunct plants that produced plutonium and the sorts for wmd's that cause the problem.  It would seem that the underground leakage is 3x's the allowable by the federal government.  Which means that they allow this to happen, to an extent and still be acceptable.  The good news is that due to the size of the river and the flow, that water intake for a large city 9 miles down stream is diluted enough for it be "safe."  I'm glad I live another 4 miles down stream from there, I guess my water is even cleaner, since those poor sap's get first dibs on the "glowing water." :)

201752[/snapback]

My community is rather boring i guess. Vermont isnt the most exciting place on this earth. Theres been 3 shootings this week so far, and they have all been within 5 miles of my house, kinda messed up because there hasnt been a shooting here in 23 years before this week. and guess what, it was all drug related lol, another problem that isnt common up here. SNOW is almost here too, im psyc'd to go snowboarding this year, get sum mad air, thats all VT's good for, snowboarding. the end of skateboarding has come and now i must move on to the next era. well thats the news for st. A, VT. Pe@cE

I live in a city that has many bridges, people call it the 'bridge city' because we have seven bridges. They're always talking about building a new one or spending millions of dollars to fix the 7 bridges we already have.We're also the crime capital of Canada so we're always trying to change our reputation and there is always some dimwit trying to keep it. You'd think that such a small community would be so bad compared to the bigger ones. Another is Crystal Meth, it's really bad here where I am from.

Around here, people rarely talk about noteworthy events. Lately most of the talk has been about the TC show Lost, the movies Saw 2 and Harry Potter, and the Xbox 360. Nothing interesting in my mind.