xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Compute

Compute's Suggestions

I was just wondering why is posting is the only way to get credits. Wouldn't it be nice if we could get points by doing other things. For example recommending people gives you like 10 points or maybe making a chat room (not shout box) and in that chat room ever time you say something you can get for example .1-.5 credits, Xisto can also place ads on hat chatroom to make money of it.I think that building a chatroom will make getting points fun and not just annoying. I'm not complaining and saying its to hard to get credits I would just like a fresh new way to get them. Another one of my brilliant ideas is if Xisto can have like its own arcade. And for example let says that arcade has pacman game in it. When someone goes to the Xisto arcade they could play pacman and if they get over lets say 1000 points they get .25 credits. (I don't really remember if it was hard to get 1000 points) anyway this would just put more of an entertainment center to Xisto and possibly bring new members.I think that the funnier to is to get credits then more people would want to get them regardless if it takes a long time.Also how about mini contests within the boards to get web goodies such as maybe like the first person to get 200 credits get 1g of bandwidth more. Maybe something like to encourage people to post more and more, thus helping Xisto make more money.While I?m at it.I would like to put in some more suggestion...How about extending the plans and offering a 3rd or even a 4th plan which is specifically designed for people who need more bandwidth or more space... and obviously require them to post more or if you take my suggestion on top it would be like require them to be more active.And if extending the plans is a bad idea in the eyes of the admins, mods, or anyone else why not allow people to buy disc space and bandwidth and everything else they can buy. And lets say they want 1G of bandwidth more each month Xisto could charge them for example 1 dollar a month... 1 dollar a month per G that way Xisto could make money and at the same time satisfy the customers.This suggestion might of already been made but here is my 2 cents.How about a support number. A 800 number that that customers could call in order to get support. I really don't know what goes into getting an 800 number so I?m in no position to say get it but its a good suggestion. When customers see that there is a number they could call for help it makes them feel more comfortable with the service. Or if it is impossible to get a 800 number why not get a live support system. There are some really good ones out there that Xisto can buy very easily and maybe you can hire some people to act as support people on the other end. I know the shout box is suppose to be something like live support (I think) but I cant seem to use it for some reason.Anyway Amazing host, Does are my suggestion and if I suggested something that has already been suggested I?m sorry didn't mean too.Hope you like my ideas I?d appreciate feedback from admins and mods on what they thinkThanks

Even though they are good suggestions I will tell why they are not implace.Chatroom is a giveme really, most people send info to each other to contact them on msn, aol, yahoo messenger and then work out hte problems thier, irc chat was available, but last i knew it was taken down due to no one going there.On the arcade though it was soaking up extreme amounts of bandwidth so it was move to ipbgaming.com.Some people do hold contests several have been done, but for that you would need a extreme amount of credits to do that. Xisto.com does not give away free hosting credits due to the fact that its not their responsiblity to keep your account loaded with credits, it is the user responsibility to do it.But if the Admin think that have a contest thats it would be beneficial to give away credits then it might come up.on the hosting plans last year their where 4 plans which basically was crunch down to 2 plans which make up the general census of how much space is given. if you want to you can purchase more bandwidth or space just have to contact the admin on that.the 800 would be a waste of time really since we have thousands of members from different partsof the world meaning that several people would need a phone line connected to that number and thats impossible at 10,000 miles away from each other. Plus the Xisto forum is one big support forum as well, also if you go to Xisto.com you may also get alot of support their as well.though good ideas long discussed before but to benefit the site more some will not be enforced.