xisto Community
irwanvedder

How To Save *.swf From A Web Site? freeware or shareware...

sounds like you have a swf to fla decompiler. I would have to have a look at it to be sure. I've found to types of decompilers for flash one type only decompiled the swf into fla frames along with the image library. the other one decompiled the action script for the frames that required it, but dont take my word for it I'm just learnning I dont think you can.

Well, I'd try by checking the cache memory. If you have IE it happens to be much easier. Cache files in Mozilla browsers are quite good hidden :PCheers!!! :P

Use Firefox and save page as, the swf file should be among the files saved.

You could do that but if a page has loads of flash movies and large images, the page would and all the images would take a long time to save.

Providing you won't use this for illegal purposes, here's a quick way to get a flash movie off the web:

Look at pieces of text or images surronding the flash movie you wish to download. If there is a piece of text surrounding the movie, copy the text and if an image, copy its url.

Right Click --> View Page Source.

Click Ctrl + F and paste the text on the clipboard.

Click Find

Look around this text. Near it you should see something like this:

<embed src="http://site.com/myflash.swf"> </embed>

Copy the url (so in this I would copy https://www.salesforce.com/products/platform/overview/) and paste it in the address bar.

Press the enter key and the flash movie that you want to download should come up and take up all of the browser window OR you maybe prompted to download a file.

If prompted to download a file

Make sure it is a flash file and if it is click Save

If the movie appears

Make sure it's the one you want and then go to File --> Save As

So that's how to do it :P

Now there's one chance to inform people that the best browser isn't FireFox, cause the browser that has a excellent plugin to save swf files from any website pages is: - MaxthonFirst of all, start using this browser by downloading it and install it from:http://www.maxthon.com/
Then, after you install it, of course, open it, if you don't like the default skin, wich many maxthon users don't, go to the Maxthon home page and you'll see there a button to the plugins, skins page.With the Maxthon opened, open a page where you know there's a flash animation that you want (*.swf), and after the page has been fully loaded, click the button that has the symbol of the flash (with a letter f) and then click the "save" radio button and then right click the name of the animation wich is above the radio buttons at your left end, and save it in to your documents or whereever you want to save.If that button isn't next to the other normal toolbars, do this:click view menu, then toolbars button, then click plugins bar.After that, the plugins toolbar will show up where you can obviously see many plugins (buttons) in an horizontal toolbar, where there's also the button wich has the letter f.You don't have to buy for programs like: - saveflash - flash keeper - flash saver - flash managerJust start using the Maxthon browser and you'll have a great plugin to save the swf file, and if you search the Maxthon plugins website, you'll find plugins for many things, like for: - All the internet explorer plugins (go to the options menu and configure it all) - Gmail - ViewSource!(If you click this button with a website opened, you'll see all the html and scripts code in a snap, it's 1000000 times more better then the view source code in firefox and even of the internet explorer - EnableRightClick(If you click this button with a website opened, if wil enable the right click in websites that have protection against it.) - And much more, but i'm not going to show them all here as you may imagine why.Don't look for a plugin or program to save flash animations from websites cause it's almost impossible to find one good as good as the one within the Maxthon browser.

Or if you're using fire fox you can just go tools>> page info, then click on the media tab, the swf should be in the list somewhere, when you find it click "save as"

Hello Guys,Wow...thanks for the great ideas you all got here..it really helpful.. :P ..For the sake of learning, I've tried all the methods...and this is what I got.. Actually, I intend to save the Flash Presentation into my notebook hard disk and use it when I'm offline. But it seems that the *.SWF is protected by some kind of script that prevent it from being saved. 1) I can't find the file in IE CACHE, maybe caused by the scripts..2) The SAVE AS option in IE is disabled..3) Using FireFox I managed to save the file, but it will closed down when I open it.4) The same thing happened when I'm using MAXTHON..So, the conclusion is...my objective is still not accomplished... But, I've decided to stop here as a respect to the author's wish. I will try to develop my own presentation and maybe learning some scripting to implement what I've encountered.. :PAnyway, thanks very much for your help...*P/S: Lyon2, your forum signature is very useful...THANKS!

Is there a chance that the swf is accessing a server rather then just loading and staying static? That could cause errors when opened, and/or prevent it from showing up in cache. Does it still work after you remove yourself from the internet? (Unplug)

umm,did you try the method cmatcmextra offered?,that does work usually.if right click didnot work,you also can click view->source to find the tab

<embed src="http://site.com/myflash.swf"> </embed>
if there is no accurate path only exit myflash.swf,you should combine the site address and sub file name and so on.usually IE firefox opera is okey by this way.

certainly you should not have illegal purposes(copyright) :P

good luck

Is there a chance that the swf is accessing a server rather then just loading and staying static?  That could cause errors when opened, and/or prevent it from showing up in cache.  Does it still work after you remove yourself from the internet? (Unplug)

201881[/snapback]

moldboy,

yeah..when it's load, the swf is accessing a server and redirected to a php page..

and it still wont work although i've disconnected from the internet..

i kinda like the actionscript the author used! :P

Look at the source HTML code, search for swf and you will get the path (relative or absolute) of the swf. You may then download it with any software, including Flashget, Getright or any browser. If there is a hot link protection, you may use Flashget to spoof the refer and get the file. If you want to decompile the swf rather than just saving it, you may need another program, like sothink swf decompiler. There are quite a lot of swf decompiler in the market and their functions are more or less similar. Just get one you are comfortable with.Note that you may also sniff the TCP packets to look for the absolute path of the swf. Sometimes the swf is just a portal or controller and the real FLV file is at another place. In such cases, you may have to decompile or sniff to get the FLV file behind.

Yes you can view the source code of the page,and use the flash player code that is playing the swf file from within it,but that isnt the same as having the swf.You could use it in that manner,but I think that would be stealing whos evers band width by doing so.Most of the time swf files people will just freely give you its the fla file witch is the editable file in flash that is kept guarded,and not published.If you would care to post the link to this page I would take a look at it ,and see what your trying to do for sure.