xisto Community
sanbeand

What Is Goowy? The first email in flash

i almost forgot to tell u that looking around the internet i saw this "goowy" in the front page said it was the first email completely made with flash, so i singed up an then i realized it was a new level of email. Goowy besides being in a flash environment has more stuff in its menus, u can easily drag and drop menus or even set up a search in google, with out having to change of screen or while reading ur email, one of the best things i liked the most is the great skin it has and also it privides u with games made in flash as well, and as many of u may think that it has to take a long time to read ur email or search something beacause it is made in flash u are right but u can download a desktop program that includes the complete email and if goowy has changed its skin it updates by downloading the new one! btw it offers 2 gb of disk space, so its competitive with most of the hottest companies....cheers!

Wow! That's some pretty cool stuff. I just made myself an email adress. I love how you don't have to refresh. Can finally activate stuff without having to refresh waiting for the email. Can't wait to show everyone. For those wondering https://discover.aol.com/

This new environment and style looks good. I've created an account with goowy. But it occasionally seems slower then web-based emails in terms of loading a page. The flash application also hangs when the connection is lost. It will be misleading for the terms of usage on the first place because they had their desktop blank with nothing on it.So to summarise, this new style of email is really cool. However in terms of efficiency and reliability, I guess hotmail is somewhat better. Needless to say Gmail.

yeah, sounds unique, and useful at times, especially if you are waiting for an email that you know are coming at any second. With that, you would not need to consistently "refresh."Still, how many times do we know we will recieve email or is awaiting impatiently email; not like I would think.And the flash apparantly must take more random-access-memory (RAM) and would a heavy load on non-high-end computers.Well, nothing is perfect. According to our preferences we need just settle on the best options.However, in my case, i don't think the probability of being slowed down by the flash is going to prompt me to try the email service.Right now, hotmail and yahoo seem to do just fine for me.Well, maybe gowwy will appeal to you more, happy trials. :)

The email is cool I guess. Anything with flash sounds cool. Lol. Can someone show me a screen image of it. I want to see how it looks like and I don' treally want to make another email address since I already have oodles of them.. thank you..

The email is cool I guess. Anything with flash sounds cool. Lol. Can someone show me a screen image of it. I want to see how it looks like and I don' treally want to make another email address since I already have oodles of them.. thank you..

203980[/snapback]

Posted Image

Posted Image

as i have seen so far most of us still preffer a cool skin but also a light environment such as gmail but i hope in a near future we all have fast internet connection in order to be able of opening very cool inboxes such as this goowy... i have a hotmail account and a gmail too and if i could give my opinion for a very very cool mail would be to choose the gmail messages those are so cool, i love the way gmail tells me i have a slow connection ("Grrr Your inbox could not be accessed, try again") and the magnificent way it arranges the mails into your mailbox, and some of the skins hotmail has...the rest is part of the magic of goowy...cheers!

cool, very original idea. only problem i have is that its a little showy, more for fun than for actual usage. Its pretty cool you can have audio streams (podcasts), photos, even games on it. its fairly new (released march 2005), so i think there will be updates and improvements on it. thanks for sharing this, ive never heard of it prior!

I agree with a couple of others users regarding this matter.I'm not into any of this fancy posh stuff. Although i guess it's really good value and the people that are into flash will like it.I personally, prefer using the basic 'normal' web-based email like hotmail or gmail, although prefer gmail.Maybe when this becomes more popular, I will change my mind, but I'm really not into flash anyway. Does sound good nevertheless. Thanks for showing us the site anyway. Some people will love this!

Notice from mayank:
Edited as reported.
Edited by mayank (see edit history)

It looks neat but it can't be accessed via POP3. I live on my cell phone (t-mo sidekick 2), and it has a full functioning email client on it. Gmail works just fine for me.Also, with the expanded selection of web-capable phones now, as nice as interactivity is, not everything (i.e. flash) shows up. We just got javascript within the past month... ;)