xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bulb

Christmas On Adverts! What do you think?

Here in the UK we get lots of adverts whilst we watch the telly :P and it happens every year, around the start or half way through october the companies get into the christmas spirit. I wouldnt mind them talking about christmas early but when they play christmas songs and show all kinds of christmas decorations it kind of gets annoying, especially since you have to watch the same adverts for 2 months until christmas.What do you think? I think Woolworths is the worst for it :D Have fun :P

Marketing being what it is... the advertisements start waaaaay too early for any and all Holidays. Seems like one ends and another begins. There is a steady stream of useless ads. I don't have a sat dish or cable. My anntenna picks up three stations. I turn it on about once a month to make sure it still works. That's all. The computer and reading keeps me entertained. Lifestyle choice.

It's pretty sad. People will do anything to get there product to sell. I don't ming most. But some are just awful. I mean, when you have elves danching around the TV? Whats up with that, huh? On cable it is really bad. It seems to be better on regular. Why? I have no idea.

In my local supermarket there has been a sign up saying Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year since early September. On TV there are way too many adverts saying exactly the same thing. I understand some people like to do their Christmas shopping before the 'mad rush' but its just getting earlier and earlier. Soon, the Christmas period will start quite literally in the January sales.Having said this, the Christmas season for me doesn't truly start until the Coca Cola Christmas ads are on telly and its pitch black outside at about half past three.

I don't mind Christmas adverts really. The Coca~cola ones are good

Holidays are coming...holidays are comming

You know its nearlly Christmas when you hear that. The boots Christmas ad this year annoys me, though I don't know why.

Yeah the coco cola ads are the only good ads around and they dont start too early, I would like them to start sometime late november but even still they make the ads so stupid I honestly just think about something else and not listen but if they make it sensible then maybe I do listen.

On cable it is really bad. It seems to be better on regular. Why? I have no idea.

The people who have the money to spend on big Christmas presents are the ones with cable, and also the ones with kids who want presents. I see it like this: Kids want cable, kids get cable. Kids see Christmas ads on cable. Kids want said Christmas toys. Parents buy kids Christmas toys because they can afford it, thus having cable in the first place.

Christmas is far to advertised if you ask me. It ruins the point of it. I mean, don't et me wrong, I like opening presents on Christmas morning, and I'm not a very religious person, but there is a limit..

What do you think? I think Woolworths is the worst for it :) Have fun :)

201484[/snapback]

You're not wrong there, not only do Woolworths start insanely early they also ten to be the most frequent, theres usualy about 2 but sometimes even 3 or 4 Woolworths chrisatmas related adverts on each ad break and in the middle of October. Its crazy

I don't mind Christmas adverts really. The Coca~cola ones are good

yeah thats how me family gauge when its Christmas, its officially christmas when the Coca Cola adverts been on.

The Christmas Advertisements aren't that bad here. The only thing I have seen close to Christmas is those Terry's Chocolate Oranges. They should be getting worse by the time November 15th-25th rolls by.I've already gotten into my Christmas spirit so I say 'Bring on the Christmas Advertisments' because Christmas is my favorite time of the year and if there is anything about Christmas I'll really be happy.