xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
felo-land

Adobe Vs Macromedia which do you like the most?

i mean... i personally prefer adobe, but macromedia is a greaaat company tooyou see...ADOBEphotoshop has the greatest design tools, while fireworks it's getting kinda tacky :Spremiere is the greatest tool for editing video i've ever found!audition it's also a great tool for editing audioillustrator is better than freehand ??MACROMEDIAflash obviously beats adobe try of softwaredreamweaver beats adobe's go live easy!!which one do you like the most? :P

Since adobe bought Marcomedia this is kinda a vote for Cola Vanilla or Cola Regular lol, they are both the same company...But anyway, I make my templates in photoshop, edit them in Dreamweaver. I think Adobe is the best company if it's about graphics, while Macromedia is the best in programming (Flash, HTML etc)

I really don't know how you would compare the two companies. The only product that competes with each other in their graphics programs, which are in a dead heat, in my opinion.

201390[/snapback]

It's more about the opinnion you have of a company, and like how many of their programs you use.

well i kinda use both and have for years, nothing new has come along. It's only when you start working at companies that you realise that they use other tool and apps just because of cost. I've been reduced to working with front page, homesite, claris ect. And they all have their own special coding extras. Pretty much a pain but you learn really quickly how to adapt to other programs to get the job done.round.

i never used fireworks, but i did use dreamweaver and i use photoshp sometimes. I think florisjuh is right...photoshop is for grapics and macromedia for programming?Other quesiton: Now adobe bought macromedia, is there going to be a new fireworks....and will the next dreamweaver will be called Adobe Dreamweaver??

The two brands are known for different areas. One is good in one field, the other in another field. You can't really compare them. And I didn't know that Adobe bought Macromedia. Does anyone have any news about this? When did this happen?

lol, yes Adobe owns Macromedia's **bottom**.but their both good for differernt thigns :PAdobe- The Wonderful Photoshop and Illustrator, Acrobat, etcMacromedia- The God like Director, flash, dreamweaver, etctheir both great, and don't clash on software packages too much . . . .

Ive just always used adobe and they have never done me wrong. That is why i still use adobe. However, in the future since they now own macromedia, it is possible that i try on of those products like fireworks. Who knows what lines they keep and what lines they get rid of.

I am glad that they are merging together. I like using them both (photoshop, dreamweaver and soon flash). That'll probably make it so when you slice something in photoshop you can go straight to the editting in dreamweaver because they will be linked in a way I guess you could say. (If it makes sense)

It's tough to compare. I'm a huge Photoshop fan, and still use it personally, but for the last 9 months or so at work I've been using Fireworks (they gave my Photoshop lisence to someone else!!), and it's not a bad product at all. It doesn't handle text quite as well as Photoshop, imho, but generally speaking it does the job. Mind you, I'm a developer, not a desinger, so my reliance on graphics software at work is much lighter than it might be for some of you guys.I'd break out the "killer apps" by vendor this way:Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator, After EffectsMacromedia: Flash, DirectorSomeone said the company, after the proposed merger, would simply be called Adobe. Personally, I'd have gone with Macrobe, or maybe Adomedia. MacroAdoMediBe?

well, like what has been said, they are one now. So the bets of both will create new software i suppose. But before the take over it went liek this for me:ADOBEPhotoshopIllustratorMACROMEDIADreamweaverFlashDirectorbut i prefer Fina; Cut Pro to Director ;) both comapnies have their charms ;)

I prefer both but more adobe (photoshop)... I like making sigs and Im making website templates with adobe but Im puting it all in html or PHP with dreamweaver... So I trully cant decide which is better... 50 : 50 for me

I am glad that they are merging together.  I like using them both (photoshop, dreamweaver and soon flash).  That'll probably make it so when you slice something in photoshop you can go straight to the editting in dreamweaver because they will be linked in a way I guess you could say. (If it makes sense)

201578[/snapback]

Yes I guess that is a good thing.

I use Dreamweaver to establish the templates, web pages or layouts for client sites, and my old personal sites in the past. At the same time, I've used photoshop for the web graphics and Flash for some interaction. So I guess it's a good thing that any future releases of "Adobe Dreamweaver" will link up to Photoshop.

Although a sad thing to come out of Adobes acquisition of Macromedia is that Fireworks is probably likely to be axed from the combined Adobe/Macromedia product range (in favour of Photoshop). Although I dont use Fireworks, it'll probably be a bit frustrating for those having to convert over to Photoshop.