xisto Community
Microsoft

Keylogger And Worm Cleanup Help Please Help Me

well to start off what program did you use to scan for this? Second by the looks of it you click on the box to select and then click next or delete whatever is on the program.

well to start off what program did you use to scan for this?  Second by the looks of it you click on the box to select and then click next or delete whatever is on the program.

201213[/snapback]

Well the program is, Ad-Aware SE, and i did delete once, and rigth now. but it happens again..

eewww, you've got cooties.What should you do? First, find a tall building...j/kSpyware is insidious. Lemme guess, you're running a Windoze OS? When will they make secure software?<DISCLAIMER>Don't blame me if this screws up your computer</DISCLAIMER>Try booting in safe mode and then run your spyware removal tool. Remove the spyware. Check msconfig startup tab and uncheck any suspicious bootloaders. Scan your add/remove software section for suspicious programs and remove them. If you're familiar with the folders that should exist in your c:\program files folder, look through there and delete the ones that you don't need. Then boot into regular mode and re-run adaware to see if you squashed it.Does that work?If you've got a broadband connection and you've got a Windows OS, you should think about getting a router. It will help protect you from some common attack routes. Get a firewall like ZoneAlarm. Blah blah, some people argue that the best way to avoid spyware on windows is to format and re-install your OS every few months. It's tedious, but it works.

hi sandbox,

I agree you opinions :P , and, besides that, you should lookup you windows and system32 directory too. that's the place most virus and worm are in. the files might be hidden also( and some directory you may not see in windows explorer but you do in command prompt). also note is before cleaning you computer, you should also try use task manager and process manager( it's a freeware that show you computer processes including the hidden, that you can't view in taskmgr) to check whether or not having invalid processes is running. coz they may be interfere your computer operations.

process explorer

- hop this help

Well to keep the solution short and simple....As you are using Ad-Aware.On the screen where it shows you all the keyloggers, cookies and other stuff....simply make a right click on it and select the option SELECT ALL.Once you have done that...click on the button QURANTINE....thats it.this will remove all unwanted things...secondly....use a diff. program for e.g. SPYBOT and run a scan with that as well....and if that finds anything remove that as well.It is always advicable by me that you use diff. programs because spyware companies they threat anti-spyware makers with legal notices and LAVASOFT the maker of AD-AWARE has removed few spywares from there list becasue of those LEGAL NOTICES....so use diff. anti-spywares and that'll ensure that no spyware is left in your machine.

Just be warned that if you don't boot into safemode before running your spyware removal tools you might be wasting your time, no matter how many different tools you use!Lemme explain, some spyware loads multiple copies of itself into RAM, so as soon as you close 1 of them down, the remaining one reloads another copy. This is probably why your first attempt to remove did not work. When you boot into safe mode you get a chance to delete all these nasties before they get a chance to load at all, so you have a better shot at squishing them once and for all.

yes, I would highly recommend it. boot into safe mode, hunt down your spyware, and squish it.no guarantees that it will work, but you already tried removing the spyware in regular mode and it didn't work, so give safe mode a try.

you can also try to use Spybot's Search and Destroy this is a freeware that I have using for quite some time, I find it pretty powerful and most find those nasty spywares on my computer. Give it a try and see if you'll like it.