xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
atomicnacho

Thanksgiving Turkey How are you cooking your turkey?

How are you cooking your Thanksgiving Turkey?  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi all.
Thanksgiving is coming up soon and I was wondering how everyone else is going to cook up their thanksgiving bird. I am going to deep-fry a couple of turkeys. If you've never had one I highly suggest it. It's the best.
Not only is it way faster, you only have to cook it for 3 1/2 minutes per pound, it also tastes way better than a oven cooked bird.
The Turducken is for the really hardcore. You stuff a duck with sausage, stuff that into a chicken, then stuff that into a turkey. I'm not quite brave enough yet to give it a try.

The traditional way is baked in an oven. I like roasted or fired. I had each the last two years. I am probably going to have mines fried this year, just so the food would be done quicker. It all depends on my parents though. I would have to say roasted ones are better. White turkey are the best!

Canadian Thanksgiving was last month. I cooked Turkey smokies on the BBQ. They were great... and the deep fried turkey is good, too. We celebrate a lot of the same holidays as the Americans, but Thanksgiving, for whatever reason, is a month earlier.