xisto Community
Jesse

Why Are Things So Difficult? It is so hard at times.

Well I have just come out of a really bad relationship and said that I would not go back into one for sometime. I couldnt handle being treated bad by another man again in my life.Well I went out with some friends about a week ago. And a friend of a friend brought another friend along. And we spent all night talking to each other and I felt that things were getting to close so I went home. Then two days later I got a phone call from him. My friend gave him my cell phone number.So we decided to meet for a coffee at the local coffe shop. And you know what? He treated me really nice we spent 4 hours there. And I think I have fallen for him.Would I be stupid to go out with someone after what happened to me last time? You will have to have a look back through the Forums about that I dont want to go through that again :|Any advice would be grateful. Thank you.

Jesse,

If Thomas Edison would've quit after 1,000 failures when he was trying to develop incandescent lighting using electricity he would've failed, but instead, he developed an attitude which said 'I have not failed to find the method, I just discovered 1,000 ways that don't work...' I have paraphrased, of course, because I don't remember exactly how many times he attempted. But it was a lot of attempts before he found the right one. Point is: there is someone out there for you and without allowing yourself the privlede of 'failing', you may never find out who that 'one' is.

I didn't read back to find out your complete story. I am only generalizing here. If you believe there may be a possibility that this is the right 'one', I suggest you take it slow and become 'friends' first. Spend some time with him doing things 'he' likes and also time doing things 'you' like. Slow and gentle.

Just my thoughts on relationships....

Thanks for the advice jlhaslip. Looking at it now I can see that you have a point with what you are saying. In a way its like life. Is there really any point in giving up on something if it doesnt work the first time. And the answer to that is No, so then maybe relationships are the same.

There are terrible, terrible guys out there. But there are also amazing ones. The worst thing you could do, at this point, would be to intentionally shut out guys that you think you might have something with, even if you aren't sure. If you do that, then that last relationship you had will always be your view on guys and its not really an accurate one.. Its true in the sense that there are an awful lot of "bad" guys, and your last relationship would have opened that reality to you, but not all guys are that way.Allll that being said, I didn't go back to read your other post because I don't have the patience to try with this evil thing called a touchpad. But I do know that you shouldn't let one relationship be the only thing influencing your views on all relationships and potential relationships..

Hey Jesse,I remember your last saga, it was craaazy. I would give you lots of props for getting back into the game so soon. I think a good gauge for knowing when you're ready is if you're not constantly looking for a relationship. It always seems like the best ones come around when you're content with being single. :Pother than that, yeah, take it slow and easy, make sure you're in it for the right reasons. Trust your gut and stay grounded in yourself no matter what you do, then you'll be alright in the end, one way or the other.

Hi:Well, it sounds like you really hit it off if you were able to talk to each other for 4 hours straight! Honestly, I don't think I have ever had a 4 hour conversation with anyone.It is worth a shot. Like others have said, just take it slowly.Sunkist