xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sanbeand

Macromedia Fireworks My presonal Review

As im a flash junkie i need some other tools ti empower my applications and make them look pretty beautiful so i downloaded the new Fireworks version (8)..there are new panels very useful and u can easily see why they are there for or how to use them, the first panel i saw was the "frames".. used to create animated gifs it seems to flash but the panel is on ur right side so it looks strange :P then u see the "Actives" that contains many colors and very accesible instead of being searching the color or material in a little panel as in previous versions..then u see Automatic form Properties, that let u create arrows donuts, rectangles, connection lines stars etc in a very easy way... i mean wow the connection lines are very useful these days... and there are some other "special characters" and "Image edit" that were not available as panels like these new ones in previous versions and most of them are made in Flash too, u can see it if u click right button on them. ok lets go to the stage... the stage remains as always u can set it to alpha(with no color) or select a background color, if u open the Automatic form Properties and create an arrow u?ll see the facility it takes to create an arrow and with complicated characteristics...btw the Eye Candy 4000 and Alien Skin Splat panels under the Filter menu are just available just when u register ur copy of Fireworks 8.. but what i dont like from this new version is that when i click outside the image, drag it or cut it, FW sometimes shouts with errors that doesnt exist like there were errors while saving ur file, there was an error while moving ur file, there was an error while applying the filter...it might be my computer but i really dont think so the V7 wasnt like dat let me keep working on it and i tell u what other messages i find..cheers!

Fireworks...Yes it is a great piece of software...it is easy to use and the best thing is that it compliments dreamweaver which is by far the most used application in website designing.I think that is what makes it the best. Other good thing about fireworks is that it can compete with Adobe Photoshop...as we all know that Photoshop is the best graphics utility available but many fireworks users claim that they can achieve better results than photoshop....but I think nothing matters to any company now, the reason being Adobe owns macromedia.

Fireworks...Yes it is a great piece of software...it is easy to use and the best thing is that it compliments dreamweaver which is by far the most used application in website designing.

I think that is what makes it the best. Other good thing about fireworks is that it can compete with Adobe Photoshop...as we all know that Photoshop is the best graphics utility available but many fireworks users claim that they can achieve better results than photoshop....but I think nothing matters to any company now, the reason being Adobe owns macromedia.

200783[/snapback]

I love Fireworks, and that is what I have been using for graphics most of the time. I like the layout much better the Photoshop, and the features in it are great. The export feature is really helpful for avatars and sigs on sites that have very tough restrictions. In my opinion, it is much more stable then Photoshop too but that could be my computer. I dislike the lack of filters for it as well as brushes, but everything else is awesome. :P

I'm a long-time Fireworks user too and have always liked the fact that you can easily select any object on your canvas, no matter what layer it's on (I know you can do this in PS now, but it wasn't always that way).

I use dreamweaver to developsite. I use Firework for graphic. I use Flash for something "flashy". As far as I know Dreamweaver and Firework integrates. And Photoshop doesn't integrate to anything(It hasn't got anything to integrate to).

And Photoshop doesn't integrate to anything(It hasn't got anything to integrate to).

It integrates with ImageReady (Fireworks equivalent) and I would've thought there'd be some integration with GoLive too (but I've never used it so just guessing).