xisto Community
arboc7

Picasa2 who uses it?

I have been using Picasa2 for a couple of months now. I really like the simple built-in editing features...and I am a photographer--in hobby at least.Picasa also makes it really easy to manage all of my photos and video files, which is great because I have thousands of pictures...Is anyone else using Picasa??

I also enjoy taking pictures. I used to use the default software that came with my canon camera but now I use Picasa because it's alot more user friendly, very compatable with different hardware and easy to organize your files. I am also a google fan and use everything google. I also use hello to share the files with my friends, works great with Picasa.

I currently use Adobe Photo Album to edit, tag and organize all of my files. Is picasa pretty good at organization? The one feature that I love that Adobe Photoshop CS offers is a great web photo gallery function to get all of your pictures on to the internet. If picasa 2 has this feature Ill definently have to check it out. Also, I heard that Google at one point was in talks with flickr.. Is there any truth to this?

Although I have several graphics/photo editing programs on my computer (namely, Fireworks, GIMP and Photo Studio 2000), I've recently started to dig in to Picasa2. Really simple interface, and it make organizing my photos less of a hassle now. Looks like I'll be using more of it in the near future.

I love Picasa 2! i always use it to edit most of the pictures from my digital camera. It's very simple and it gets the job done quickly. I especially like the fill light function that just magically makes the picture look better. Photoshop loads slower and its just too heavy for quick photo-editing and so I use Picasa. It even organizes my pictures for me. :P

I use picasa and I love it, because I use alot of google tools, and I love how everythings intergrated into a nice suete of tools. It runs in the background and finds pics, but sometimes it finds my program's graphics and some other stuff that I don't want. Kinda annoying... Anyway, they will probably fix that in an update.

I couldn't believe the 'timeline' tool in picasa when I first saw it. It's like you're flying through a history of all your pictures. I remember where I was when I first saw it...

I currently use Adobe Photo Album to edit, tag and organize all of my files. Is picasa pretty good at organization? The one feature that I love that Adobe Photoshop CS offers is a great web photo gallery function to get all of your pictures on to the internet. If picasa 2 has this feature Ill definently have to check it out. Also, I heard that Google at one point was in talks with flickr.. Is there any truth to this?

Photoshop CS does have a great tool for creating all sorts of web galleries...unfortunately Picasa doesn't. Google is not in any talks with flickr as far as I know, but flickr is now interoperable with Yahoo accounts. I use flickr to post my pictures, but Hello is also a great program, even though I haven't used it much yet.

I couldn't believe the 'timeline' tool in picasa when I first saw it. It's like you're flying through a history of all your pictures. I remember where I was when I first saw it...

I absolutely agree!! The timeline tool is AMAZING! It also lets me see such things as the progress of my trip (if I was shooting on vacation, et cetera) a good while after I had forgotten the details of my trip. It's a wonderful feature...

Go Picasa!!

I think it's great for managing my photos. I have four cameras. One is a webcam, one is my clie, one is my parent's camera, and last, my parent's digital video camera. I really like this because I can manage all my photos withought having to wait for thumbnails to load or anything. And, it intergrates with all of the other google services and tools, like gmail and desktop search. I reccomend it to everyone!

I have been using Picasa2 for almost a year now, and find that it is the greatest photo organizer that the world has ever seen. I believe that Google really found something there when they took over the Picasa Industry.

I recently decided to try out Picasa (yesterday, in fact) my first impresions where good, it had the typical Google clean interface, was really easy to use, it even found all of pictures I wanted it to find first time (well almost :blink: ). I like the way that it integrates with the other Google products (Gmail in particular), after plaing with it for a while I also noticed some really cool other features that made me like this product even more (mainly the ability to create colleges, screensavers and movies). Then of course there was the timeline function (which is really insanely cool). Picasa defiantely is a step up from my old picture organisation method (mainly stuff them in the 'My Pictures' folder and hope for the best. Ok so the picture editing features don't match up to say Photoshop, this product isn't photoshop, it does not even aim to be anywhere near photoshop. Photoshop is for serious (probably professional) image authors, Picasa is aimed more at the amature photographer, who just needs a quick and simple way to organise and optimize a lot of images. I must admit though since this is currently the only image organizing software I have tried I really have nothing to compare it too, so this basically wins by default (although I don't expect to find anything better)

I tried Picasa a while back, but never really got into it. The in-depth features where decent, but not flawless--which is something I expect from Google. I'd much rather prefer Photoshop or others, since they're more people-friendly and faster.