xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wow

Image Display Feeling really dumb

I'm a first time user of Xisto.com cpannel.I have ftped the html file, and the animated image gif file onto the server.I have two questions.Why cannt I get the image to display?And how do I remove trapes head on the page?I'm getting the big red X place hold for my image.This code works on other host that Ive used It must be how the file path is, and the way the file structure is on the server.Would any of you be willing to give me a hint how this works? Feeling really Dumb...lol WoW

Show use a link to access the page and we can view the source. Okay?I assume that the gif and the html file are in the same directory on the server? either public_html or www? or the html should reflect the different directory...

Hello, jlhaslip
I got the thing to work thanks for the fast reply.I'm going to have to mess around in there awhile to figure out the file structure.Whats the differance between the public.html folder, and the www folder?At any rate heres my page I just wanted to get something on there to get started with so its just my logo and a menu nothing big. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
:P

Whats the differance between the public.html folder, and the www folder?

200526[/snapback]

Nothing. They ae both public access directories. At least that is how it was explained to me when I asked. But I noticed that the filename is "splash.html". If you rename the first or entry page to "index.html", it is automatically loaded, so the address for your site would become 'wow.trap17.com' instead of 'http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;. Get it? Or use .htaccess to direct to 'splash.html' instead of index.html. Better read up on altering the .htaccess file first. It is important that you don't mess that file up. If you do, your site becomes inaccessible.

An on-line document from the cpanel people.

and here is a posting that explains how to use the .htaccess file to re-direct to a file other than index.html.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Merged as reported.