xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
heavensounds

Samsung Vs. Apple

Samsung is about to open internet music store and will be a direct competition to Apple and their iTunes Store. Their mp3 players were not the most succesful till now but now they will go down the "apple" road and offer specialized software and the above mentioned internet music store. Their first goal is to sell products there, where they were sucsesfull in the past - there where iTunes is not present!

Well as far as MP3 players are concerned I think Apple will continue to rule the market with thier IPOD'S the reason is that most people are familier with it and know that it is one of the most established product.No company can beat Apple by just launching any normal MP3 player and a software with it...they will have to come up with something unusual and better to compete with Apple atleast in this section.

well iTunes has millions and millions of songs and they say more than 10 songs have been bought per user so samsung will have to do a super effort to avoid people buy songs from iTunes...cheers!

Let the internet music store battle begin!I still think Apple will continue to dominate the digital music player market, they seem to keep their iPod lineup always up-to-date (nano replaces the mini, new iPod can play videos, Shuffle contninues to sell well....despite not having a display). Things will certainly be interesting in the months to come, but I believe Apple will still have the upper hand.

Apple is way way ahead on Samsung on this league and they pretty need a lot of work to at least cause a concern to Apple, but as always the one benefitting from this the most are we the consumers, competitions will give us better service, lower prices and many choices.Let them fight for us and in turn let's choose who will give the most for our money.

I'm w/ believer, they'll battle and prices should drop. I like the Ipod, but it's way too pricy. Plus you have to buy like a billion accessories for it.Samsung on the other hand has always taken other's technologies and built on them, for a lower price. I worked in the electronic sales industry for years, and I loved Samsung products. They were way cheaper then most "name brand" products and the quality was always excellent. When brand like Toshiba, Sony, and the like were being returned by the dozens for non functionning issues, Samsung was rarely returned, and most people raved about the quality as well. I think they wont make a huge impact, but they'll offer a product people will like and can afford.

Im a rabid apple fan (in fact im using a powerbook G4 right now :P ) and i know that apple will most likely contenue to dominate the music industry. Also apple is switching to the intel processor (no more ibm) and that means that programs from windows will be a whole lot easier to port to mac. Yay! Microsoft might have pushed that though as they do own 2% of apple's stock lolBut who cares... someday apple will rule them all.