xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
andrescasta

Routers Without Firewalls?

Hello all,My network is fine and dandy, however our router is a Linksys 4-port with a built in firewall. Normally this wouldnt be an issue, however both me and my brother constantly fight over the DMZ Host because we both download frequently when we're both on. For normal downloads and IRC it doesnt matter, but for BitTorrent it matters very much because even with port filters unless you're outside of the internal firewall (via DMZ Host) you can only see and recieve from 1/8 of the "peers and seeds" you'd get from being the DMZ Host. Needless to say, the one outside the firewall gets good speeds the one not outside gets low speeds.The "fighting" has come to a climax with him physically rerouting outside of our router completly (using a second computer and a 4port switch) which kills any prospect for other access on the network due to our ISP's single IP limitation.So with the backstory laid out i pose my questions to the community. Is there a way to completly disable the internal firewalls on Linksys routers? If not completly disable, is there a way to set multiple DMZ Hosts via additional software? And lastly, if neither of the above are possible, does anyone know of any good (relativly cheap) 4-8port routers without such an internal firewall?Thanks ahead of time.andrescasta

set the port range in the torrent program to a different range on each computer. Say 10000 - 10020 on one and 11000 - 10020 on the other. Go into the router and setup these two port ranges to go to each specific computer. It would also help to set each computer to a static ip address so it wont ever change. I did this on my two computers and works great.kservice