xisto Community
Nani Cheri

The End Of The World says preacher Santos

Im not religious, but I do stand open for different religions. Im just finding my own way of believing...and I'm still learning about different religions...but anywayA week ago I went to the church with my sister who recently totally have 'givin'her self 2 God. She believes. Actually I never (or very often) go 2 the church. But this time there was a ceremony with this Cuban preacher called mr. Santos. He was preaching about some christian nowadays not being the real christians God meanted for those to become, when saying that they believe in God. His point was, they believe, but they don't read the bible. That some of the christian think that; oh well yeah, if I go to the church that's enough...I believe, so now I can go too heaven...It's not like that, he says. He says God's want them to learn about what they believe in through the Holy Spirit (Im repeating what mr Santos said litterly!!)I think there can be a part of truth in there, cuz I often see people who claim to be christian, but do things (like saying bad words, doing bad things, that Isn't mentioned in the bible at all, or whut sounds everything but good to do to me!)I think that, if you say you believe in God and the bible, you should act like it. Okay Im sounding like a christian 2 at this moment, but I'm not. Im still learning about the bible but also other religions. Please understand that im not tryin too push anybody or hurt anybody's feelings about what Im telling about this all.To go back to what I actually wanted to tell, is that mr. Santos something said about the 'end of the world'. He said: You do these things, but what will you do when the end of the world comes? (he carefully linked to the hurricanes, if I understood this correctly, but didn't say this with many words.)Im just wondering. The end of the world...what should I imagine when thinking of this? I mean...the hurricanes...is this the end of the world...or absolutely not and do you think this is crap.Im not trying to involve religions with allt his orsomething, but because of the man (mr Santos) said this in his preach...I wondered what you all think about it. Please don't feel bad, or try to defend you religion or whatever,,,, just discuss and tell me what you think....okay?:P

i think that religion is the biggest load of crap ever invented.it has given people a supposedly legitimate reason to commit murder based on their own self beliefs.from herod killing babies , pilot crucifying jesus , holy wars to complete nutters using airplanes at 9/11.all for what ..... religious belief .... the after life .... what a waste when nobody can actually prove the afterlife exists.so why not believe in what you can prove ... this life and enjoy it for what it is.

I don't think this world will be coming to an end anytime soon. I think that's really non-sense. I think this planet will be around for hundred or millions of years. Anytime I see a tv show on tv talk about the end of the world asteroids or something I go "PFFF yeah right". I believe there are killer asteroids out there somewhere but I don't believe we will be getting any at all. So I for one think we are totally safe. We'll be here for millions and billions of years before anything should happen. But if it does I would hope we are well prepared for it when it does happen. Of course technology is being upgraded everyday and soon nothing will ever destroy us ever.

Actually Dark God, one day the planet earth will be destroyed no matter what technolagy is out then. The sun. The sun will one day blow up, like all stars do in their lifertime, and destroy most of the planets. Also, since all of this pollution that is happening we might even get destroyed sooner. The ozone layer, which protects earth from harmful UV rays, will be gone because of pollution and most of us will die of skin cancer. Now back on topic. I read the bible and I believe in god and the afterlife. And I also believe that there will one day be the end of earth. If you read the revelations part of the bible then you will learn about the end of earth and how it is going to happen. This is my view on this story :P

...Why are you worried? It's not like the earth is going to blow up tomorrow. If it did, SCIENTISTS would know and warn everyone. They would be able to come up with plans to evacuate the world. And that won't be for another millions of years. You won't be around to care, or be able to do anything. Neither will the rest of us. So we're lucky the earth isn't going to blow up tomorrow.

Scientists have made mistakes before. But we would see signs of the end of the earth. The Earth doesn't just say, "Oh, They were poluting me. I'm going to blow up and destroy them all." That doesn't happen. We will see signs. But by than we will figure out how to live on another planet. Things will be like on Futurama :P. Funny show. But we won't just die like that. But the end of the world for some one else could be when they die. That person. Like when I die, That could be the end of the world for me. I think the saying is, "Live today like you have no tomorrow." I don't know if thats the exact saying but thats what I think. But the earth will blow up when God thinks its ready for it to.

I can imagine the sun running out of fuse in a million year, or us having another ice age in about a hundred thousand year. Maybe an astroid will hit the earth and end our generations like it did to the dinosaurs(scientific). Then a new generation with a different species will be born.

...Why are you worried? It's not like the earth is going to blow up tomorrow. If it did, SCIENTISTS would know and warn everyone. They would be able to come up with plans to evacuate the world.

Wow.. naiive :\

Ok, so we have scientists who can tell when some things are going on in the world. But they aren't "gods", so to speak. They know far from everything, and the nature of humanity prevents the world from not eventually destroying itself. I mean, think about smoking (not related to the end of the world, but relevant).. The provincial government here has managed to pass a law stating that smoking in any public place is illegal.. this including bars. There was a big upset about this because a) people could no longer smoke while they drink, and they believe that since they are paying to use that facility, they should be able to smoke if they want. They also claimed it was discrimination against smokers. Secondly, the bartenders complained of the loss in business. And thats the big point.. it all comes down to money. In the big picture, the government won't ban smoking alltogether because they would lose far too much money.

The point of all that rambling: Everything comes back to money. The scientists can show what the problem is and propose possible solutions to save the world, but they can't convince people to take these measures because it would cost them too much money. And apparently money rules all..

Oi. That was long.. Anyways, scientists will never be able to predict the end of the world, or save it, because the human race is too ignorant to take the necessary precautions to save it or even do anything besides panic.

And as for God? I don't necessarily 'believe', but I don't not believe. Its possible, and I don't deny that it may be true, but I guess I don't have the imagination to grasp it or something. Who knows, though, maybe this will be another Noahs Ark situation, and all our "godly" scientists will be wiped out... But more than likely, the people of the world will be the "God" and will have flooded the planet with their own ignorance for the fragility (word?) of the environment around them.

End of the world Isn't the only reason for you to die. You could get hit by a car or fall down the stairs. I think we should try to live our lives to the fullest. Sure, people keep saying the end is near and repent, but you can't be sure when exactly. Scientists might predict it but they can make mistakes. That's just what I think. :P

Woow!! What .. you all watch Star Wars orsomethin? :P

Most of you actin like you know it all: "End of the world? That's Crap!...etc etc."
Also for the people who do think there is an end of the world
What are you? Saints? Do you all have sixth senses orsomethin???
We CAN NOT know if there will be one or not! Some things you can not tell for sure, untill you really experience it. :P

And what is the use of forecasting when the end of the world could possibly come. You can say: Yeah, end of the world is crap. There will be no end of the world tomorrow, or over about a millions and billions of years. :P But what really interesting is: Why do you think the end of the world is crap or not?

That looks more interesting to know to me, cause I never heard a motivation for thinking whyu people think the end of the world is coming or not...

And Bluekirdy? :D

Why are you worried? It's not like the earth is going to blow up tomorrow. If it did, SCIENTISTS would know and warn everyone. They would be able to come up with plans to evacuate the world

Why don't you wake up? :D People aren't always as nice to others as you think. And I don't know which scientists you talkin about but, certainly not the one, involved with all the hurricans, knowing it was coming all along, and not telling everyone on time...
People betray and decieve in every kind of way to save their own **bottom**...so don't count on anyone I would say...

besides, scientists or not....Nature wil ALWAYS be stronger than the human beings thats for sure.. :D

i think that when arrive big crunch all will be closed, but suddenly another begin the big ban, the world is eternal, universal is eternal, the body is human but the soul survive always.

Well I personally dont agree with any form of religion (organised or otherwise) andf I must say that this has to be one of the reasons why, I mean why are the always fucoussing on bad stuff theres plenty of good things out there to focus on but anyway. ok back to the impending apocalypse... I really doubt that the worlds going anywhere anytime soon ok so the weathers more extreme than it used to be climates change deal with it. and to be fair when the world does end no one will care because we'll all be dead. its just the way life is. But as said before there are plenty of warning systems in place for potentially world ending disasters and as technology continues to improve more and more ways to protect the planet will emegre as long as we can manage not to screw it up any more but I feel thats for a different topic.

Well I personally dont agree with any form of religion (organised or otherwise) andf I must say that this has to be one of the reasons why, I mean why are the always fucoussing on bad stuff theres plenty of good things out there to focus on but anyway. ok back to the impending apocalypse... I really doubt that the worlds going anywhere anytime soon ok so the weathers more extreme than it used to be climates change deal with it. and to be fair when the world does end no one will care because we'll all be dead. its just the way life is. But as said before there are plenty of warning systems in place for potentially world ending disasters and as technology continues to improve more and more ways to protect the planet will emegre as long as we can manage not to screw it up any more but I feel thats for a different topic.

202147[/snapback]

I've been breaking my brains about it, but I can't come up on any good things in this world...sorry B)

What about sex? Food? Beer?Seriously, though, as was mentioned, if life on Earth would die, it wouldn't happen in the snap of a finger. It would take time; a long, long time. For all we know, it's dying now, but that won't actually hurt US for dozens of generations to come, and considering how much humanity has advanced in technology in the last two centuries, I really wouldn't be surprised if we were able to colonize another planet, change the course of an impending asteroid, or even bend nature to our will. After all, science is merely the manipulation of nature; eventually we'll be able to completely manipulate it to do what we want (it may take hundreds of years, but it WILL happen, assuming we're still around). The only thing we really have to fear is ourselves (meaning war and weapons) but even with that, there will always be survivors. If a supervirus is released, there will be some who will be immune. If a gigantic bomb is dropped, there will always be some who will survive the blast. Besides, the world as a whole isn't stupid enough to risk humanity's entire existance over a dispute, and I doubt it ever will be. There may be wars, but I highly doubt there will ever be mass extinction of humans, unless it is carried out by someone or something else.As far as God goes, there is lots of evidence against it, and very little solid evidence for it. For example, carbon dating doesn't lie. Neither does the calculating of time via the depth of the Grand Canyon, for example. Things like this just can't be falsified worldwide; if scientists were lying about it for the sake of some agenda, there would surely be others who would expose it, but all we've got is a bunch of Bible-thumpers crying foul with no evidence aside from a book written thousands of years ago and put through dozens of translations, interpretations, and damages.