xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sanbeand

Flex And New Generation Of Applications?

hey hi all!...as many of u might know macromedia has released its second version of the flex server "alpha", i was so happy beacause of the new components and all that stuff... i downloaded my copy of flex 2 with the new version of the flash player (8.5) and the new classes in ActionScript 3 and when i compile the help files i couldnt believe that the complete components were not at all quite good as the previous versions of the flex environment... im one of those users that dont care writing tons of code to demonstrate the powerful toy inside the understandable and cool skin the flash or flex environment...well in my very personal opinion macromedia must be scared of the new microsoft's"toy" codename "sparkle" or something like dat... but why should macromedia be scared about sparkle?... well the answer is beacause microsoft pretends developers to program in its new "almost" released Windows Vista and with this new version we will be able to see things that in a typical windows and sometimes boring environment we couldnt like for example to resize windows without minimize them or like see the pics in a very cool little window that opens if u put ur mose over, a big clock if u havent found the one in ur computer :lol: a black task bar, big icons(if u think the "Back" button of the explorer is big, wait for the next ones ^_^ )..but going back to the point sparkle gives the chance to the programmer to create RIA(rich internet applications) and 3D web videos or games all in only one program or being able to program the program in the program itself and so on...well it will be interesting to see what happens at the end when both programs are released...happy flashing...!