xisto Community
map.evil-killer

Man Why Is Everything Hard To Get A Website Design man webdesigning is hard

I'm sure you can find several good HTML editing software without paying anything at all. One in particular that comes to mind isFirstPage 2000/ FirstPage 2006 (beta). Give it a try and I think you'll create a great website.

199465[/snapback]

try open office it is free and you haveapplication for makeing webpages in it

i never tried it bu it should be good ^_^

hmmm ... it's actually not hard to get a website design ... just that it's hard to get a good website design ... and nice one and unique one is even harder to find ... there is no free lunch out there .... you will need to be creative and know designing very well .... and also a good html knowledge ...

try open office it is free ...

i never tried it but it should be good :)

199491[/snapback]

It includes some basic templates, but you have to have some knowledge of HTML since it creates 'flat' files only. What I mean is, you have to modify the buttons so one page points to another and add menus if you need to.

Another disadvantage is it writes table based pages with embedded css, so if you want xhtml strict with linked css, you will require more html knowledge for that, but it will produce a single page web-site pretty quickly.

Well, in order to get a website like ALL sites that aren't really crappy and use free layouts that aren't premade (Some premades arent crappy, its just that EVERYONE uses em...) you need the images. The images can be hard to amke, though sometimes you jsut might need someone to make you a header and you can make the basic bars unless you don't have photoshop. Plus you can always use PAINT to draw lines and use fonts. Might I recommend Macromedia Dreamweaver? Its really good and easy to create easily coded websites. You just basically draw the form, and don't need to know any advanced HTML.

Give it a try:
http://www.adobe.com/ and downlaod Dreamweaver. It gets.......... Well.... Yes the TRIAL is free but I don't think it ever expires.... I use the trial or do i? Anyways you cna't really tell but its a great program! I've never used Frintpage in my life before, because it didn't automatically come installed on my computer and I don't care to buy it when I use dreamweaver. Most people say that FrontPage is a little esiar but Dreamweaver is still easy if you know Basic HTMl. Plus it has insert commands like

<A href=yourpage.php>Your page name (Under navigation of course)</a>
So go give it a try!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well i myself do some of this... most of mine are weak and lame but i have had a few good ones lol...But yeah ive looked eveywhere for good ones but finf none for free...hers a few alternitives...notepad - learn some basic html and other skillswordpad - see abovedreamweaver - great visual editing programmozilla - had built in webpage viewer (decent)and thats all i can think of but yeah have fun!!! and good luick

Well, if you know designing in photoshop then creativity is not always necessary to build a good designed website.

Take my advice. Just go to Template Monster & pick up a nice design there. Now you should just trace that design by your own. What I've done is that I picked up a Flash Website Template from there, copied its swf file from Temporary Internet Folder & extracted the images from that file to re-generate a customized template in photoshop. Although the animation is lost but the design is still in your hand. Do whatever you can with that design.

Now, when you're finished with the design, just export it as html by creating slices & then opening the psd file in Adobe ImageReady & then Preview in Browser. Save that page from there. Anyways its up to you how you do it. But then the only thing you need is some editing by Dreamweaver (I recommend this Software).

What ever happen to a text editor and a keyboard? hehe just your average text editor gives you the ability to create the most perfect webpage you could dream of . What does it require? Some knowledge of webdesign - http://www.w3schools.com/html/ | A keyboard - which you most likely have , if your reading this post i can almost assure you have a keyboard | A Text Edit - You have one , windows users - start - program files - accesories - notepad /wordpad , linux users type "pico" in your terminal.

Maybe this should go in "tutorials" ? :)

Ahahaha, i just went to template monster you have to be kidding me who would pay $2500 for a website template. of course in my quest to look for the perfect design, any literally free templates are usually the ugliest ones as well in design and coding, I will admit though some designs are professional but really how can you make a profit like that when you can find the template other ways and just edit it just right and thus make it completely different and null the copyright statement.Anyone in the world can go ahead and say I want to patent HTML coding in every aspect thus screw the internet world royally, by closing them down and sueing people for copyright infringements on a patent with your name on it.

well , i agree that u can use the trial versions of some great software like dreamweaver and so on. for me , i have two operating systems on my pc , i use the trial version on one of them , when it expires , i use it again on the other os. Strange idea , but it works

Well I just installed 1st Page 2000 and while it was installing avast (anti virus software) said it found a trojan in one of the buttons.'Six buttons from hell.izs' to be exact. Don't know if it is a virus or just avast acting up.