xisto Community
waterfoul

I Need Help With File Edit In Php with ftp

Currently i have

<?phpif($_POST['user']=="" or $_POST['pass']=="" or $_POST['host']=="" or $_POST['root']=="" or !isset($_POST['run'])){  print('<form method=post name=form>');  print('FTP username <input type=\'text\' name=user value=""><br>');  print('FTP password <input type=\'password\' name=pass value=""><br>');  print('FTP Host <input type=\'text\' name=host value=""><br>');  print('FTP Root Directory <input type=\'text\' name=root value=""><br>');  print('<input type=\'hidden\' name=run value="1">');  print('<input type=\'submit\'>');}else{$ftp_server = $_POST['host'];$ftp_user = $_POST['user'];$ftp_pass = $_POST['pass'];$conn_id = ftp_connect($ftp_server) or die("Couldn't connect to $ftp_server please refresh and do not click retry");// try to loginif (@ftp_login($conn_id, $ftp_user, $ftp_pass)) {   echo "Connected as $ftp_user@$ftp_server\n";} else {   echo "Couldn't connect as $ftp_user\n please refresh and do not click retry";}// close the connectionftp_close($conn_id);  }?>
currently it has a form and after you fill out the form it logs into the ftp with the user pass and server vars. now i need to know how to get a certian file and edit certian lines of it. any ideas?

Currently i have

<?phpif($_POST['user']=="" or $_POST['pass']=="" or $_POST['host']=="" or $_POST['root']=="" or !isset($_POST['run'])){ ?print('<form method=post name=form>'); ?print('FTP username <input type=\'text\' name=user value=""><br>'); ?print('FTP password <input type=\'password\' name=pass value=""><br>'); ?print('FTP Host <input type=\'text\' name=host value=""><br>'); ?print('FTP Root Directory <input type=\'text\' name=root value=""><br>'); ?print('<input type=\'hidden\' name=run value="1">'); ?print('<input type=\'submit\'>');}else{$ftp_server = $_POST['host'];$ftp_user = $_POST['user'];$ftp_pass = $_POST['pass'];$conn_id = ftp_connect($ftp_server) or die("Couldn't connect to $ftp_server please refresh and do not click retry");// try to loginif (@ftp_login($conn_id, $ftp_user, $ftp_pass)) { ? echo "Connected as $ftp_user@$ftp_server\n";} else { ? echo "Couldn't connect as $ftp_user\n please refresh and do not click retry";}// close the connectionftp_close($conn_id); ?}?>
currently it has a form and after you fill out the form it logs into the ftp with the user pass and server vars. now i need to know how to get a certian file and edit certian lines of it. any ideas?

199248[/snapback]

I dont know what file you need to get, but you can edit your php file with notepad.

I would suggest looking up the reference provided. It explains everything you need to know about using the FTP protocol with PHP. There isn't really anything anyone else can tell you that isn't already contained within the official manual, so try reading about some of the functions and features.