xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JC05

Your Favorite Card Game? Tell about youre fav game here

I would have to say it's Rook and Skip-Bo. Both require strategy and tactis. ^_^ Playing cards is a great past time, and almost everyone knows how to play them. You got a deck of cards, and you got it made. Great topic!

I have several favourite cards games:

Let me start with the fairly simple ones like:

Uno (and/or Crazy Eights)

Euchre

Blackjack

99 (I remember playing this many times, but saying the numbers in Japanese)

To difficulty level a tad, I also like:

Bulls**t (or "Doubt" as it is called in Japan)

Poker

And to end off with a complex card game where new rules are made and the duration could take hours on end, I gotta go with:

Mao

wow.. i cant believe that no one mentioned MTG (Magic the gathering)... its like THE BEST card game ever... its soooo fun... if u havent played it... do it now... theres SO much strategy and a LOT of people to play with depending on where u live... and its pretty easy to learn the basics so... just teach ur friends and ull all be fellow MTG players!

I have three favorite card games.Blackjack, Poker and Tablich.You probably haven't heard about the last one so I'll explain the rules.You take four card from the bottom of the pot and turn them up and put them on the table, then you give six cards (three by three) to each player and the one next to the dealer starts.It's basicly a math game.You calculate and pick up card.Say you have the Queen (which equals 13) and you have 10 and 3 at the table then you pick up those two cards with your Queen.You do this untill you can't do any addition anymore then you throw a card away (onto the table).Cards that count: K, Q, J, 10, A, 2(cross) and who has the most cards at the end.May sound pretty stupid but after a beer or two you'll love it ^_^.

I like to play Crazy 8's, Poker, Slap Jack, Black Jack, Speed, Solitaire, Wahoo, and Canasta.My mom plays cards every single weekend and she knows a lot of card games. I only know 20% of the card games she knows. I've been playing 'go fish' since I was three so I guess my interest in cards started young. My mom taught me many types of card games and some of them I can't remember. I am not much interested in cards lately, I think the last time I even played a deck was about a year ago... not sure at all... around Christmas time when we switched our living room around so we could fit in a tree I believe.

Where I work, we play cards during dinner. They used to play blackjack alot, till I tought them a new game.I'm not sure what its called though, I've always called it spud, but upon showing people how to play, they tend to think its called 'Sh*t head' or 'B**tard' Neither name I like.Anyways, you get 3 cards face down, and 6 in your hand, picking 3 of those to go ontop of the 3 you have face down. One person then puts a card down in the middle, and you go around, having to go higher than the last card. If you can't, you pick up.There are some other rules, 7 beat everything and reverse the order and are 'see through meaning they're worth whatevers under them' 2's beat everything, and set the value down to 2, 8 misses a go, you have to go lower than a 9, and 10 clears teh pile in the middle.Um, simple really ^_^

I for got to mention the game Yahtzee. Thats a good family game! Oh, and Hearts, thats a good one, wait i'll just make a list: Checkers, Chess, tic tac toe, lol, aggravation, chinese checkers, and a really old one the price is right, Clue, monopoly and Horse-opoly.

wow.. i cant believe that no one mentioned MTG (Magic the gathering)... its like THE BEST card game ever... its soooo fun... if u havent played it... do it now... theres SO much strategy and a LOT of people to play with depending on where u live... and its pretty easy to learn the basics so... just teach ur friends and ull all be fellow MTG players!

199133[/snapback]

For real!!!

MTG is the best card game wich they ever made, gameplay rocks and the graphics are really awesome. Only bad thing are the new rules, but oh well, gotta live with it.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

probably egyptian war and slap jackthey're almost the same but egyptian war is more complicated with sandwiches, 10s, false slaps, and how much cards you have to put down if you get a royal card or something. i havent really figured it all out yet but my guy friends play it a lot