xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
niloc

Forum Competitions increasing forum membership

Competitions can often be used to extremely good effect. Generating a feeling of added community atmosphere throughout, how so you ask, well by having a systematic and regular competition ensures that member participation will gradually but surely increase in a bid to win one of your prizes. Logic will of course prevail that the greater the prize you are giving away then the greater the interest, participation and registration rates.

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Nice ideas. Next time think of them yourself:

http://www.staff-lounge.com/

Article trimmed. Quoted. Credits reduced. Final warning issued.

Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Nice ideas. Next time think of them yourself:

http://www.staff-lounge.com/

Article trimmed. Quoted. Credits reduced. Final warning issued.

198877[/snapback]

i used the post in desperation to attempt to resolve my Xisto hosting problem , where i could only access my webpage and cpanel very intermittantly. the problem seemed to be an error on the Xisto server when it originally created my account.

i was dealing with buffalohelp on this issue , who was unable to resolve the problem as he did not have server access , only opaque has that.

he suggested completely deleting my account , hence losing all my credits and he would then gift credits back to me to enable me to recreate my account.

i did this , but unfortunately buffalohelp was then unable to gift the credits due to the way the gifting software worked.

he suggested that i get posting again to get my credits back up again.

i looked at all the recent new posts and didnt think that there was much there for me to be able to constructively post on , i probably could have waffled ... but what is the point in that.

so at then i asked my lad if he had anything that he had written that i could post as a new topic to assist me in earning credits.

i did not realise that i should have said if they had been posted elsewhere when i created the topic.

i apologise for my error , but in my defence it was done in desperation to try and sort out my faulty hosting account.

my account is now working perfectly and i am really grateful to buffalohelp for all his time and trouble that he went to in resolving my problem.

well i was going to say something even though it has been edited, but I will anyways.they sound like good ideas but not to many people use due to the fact that it doesn't do anything for the members of the forum.