xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
aminzzlink

Dofus Is Free Now ! THE famous MMORPG made by flash ,

did you tried this game before ??  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You can play Dofus for free as long as you wish, whoth no subscription oblication go to the website for more information ,

For people who don't know Dofus , dofus is an MMORPG !
Genre : Tactical MMORPG
Suitable for : 12 years and upwards
Size : Less than 50 MB to download
Release date (english) : September 2005
Devloper and editor : Ankama Studio

- a vast and fantastic world
- PvP and PvM tactical combat
- powerful social functions
- a sacred struggle between Good and Evil

for more information go to : Dofus web site

Yes, thanks for letting us now this piece of info.I was kind of rpg-free for a while now, and after seeing this I actually went and tried it out.So far, so good:The fighting: (from my noobie experience) Moving uses mp. Fighting including spells uses ap. Battle screen is on a grid-like platform and while some attacks require the opponent to be right besides the attacker (short range, and melee), other attacks span over a number of squares on the grid (long range).It's kind of hard to explain, but to me, the concept is pretty interesting.If you are a role-playing gamer, i think you should try it.Being free, the restriction that i see so far is like you can't leave the city that you start off with. However, the city does have some varieties of monsters of different levels so it should keep you busy for a while if you like fighting.Oh yeah, and the monsters regenerate pretty fast, don't worry about the scarcity of monsters (if you are familiar with Tibia, you know what I mean).As for professions, like farming for your own food or fishing, I'm not sure if it's availabe to free members.If anyone in this forum knows more about this, please post.Thanks and I hope my post help those who may be reluctant to try out the game.

i'm downloading it but i find it's a online install file.plz who knows the fast server or site to download the whole game?i'm so slow: 1 minute for "1%"!plz.ps:the site all made flash?pretty.thank you,i support Free.guangdian

Yeah one of my friends introduced it to me. I'd have to highly recommend it. The character design is really cute, as well as the environment. It works really well in a cartoony kind of way. The battle system also, has a bit more depth to it than a lot of other free MMORPGs with it being a bit like a Strategy RPG in a sense, with squares, movement etc etc. For free it's definitely worth a play if you're into RPGS.

Well, after about a week of playing, I have some opinions I would like to share.1. Free members may hold professions, according to a post I read at Dofus's Forum, all professions except alchemy.So far I have only tried farming and harvest some wheat.The bad thing is if you are on a screen where there are multiple wheat cutters in the area, expect serious lagging.2. Traveling gets annoying. It reminds me of old zelda games ( you know, interact with one screen, then wait for the loading of next screen before interacting with the next screen is possible. I don't know about you, but for me, traveling squares after squares to get to a destination that is 10-20 squares away is really uncool.3. It seems food only heals health points after battle or before battle. Food cannot be used in battle. Please correct me if I am wrong.4. Also, it seems the only way to fight a person is to challenge them. I kind of miss the excitement when you are unexpectedly being attacked like in Tibia, but I don't like Tibia because of experience loss after death.Oh well, I guess I will be going on another search for mmorpgs to try.I guess I'm tired of Dofus now.Hope you all have better luck with dofus.

Thanks for the info, im already downloading it, Ill probably play it tomorrow.

Hey, Thanks a whole bunch for this game. Its really cool, and I havent played and Rpg in some time, so thanks a lot. My characters name is FLaKes in the game if you ever see me so we can make a group.

Freeloading was good while it lasted

Dofus Is Free Now !

Freeloading was good while it lasted

I used to play this game years ago, back when it had a lot less in it and wasn't so heavily restricted. All the members only zones were simply danger zones, and there were far fewer of those anyway. Also you could farm up to level 100 if you really wanted to. As far as I know you could've done the same leveling with any profession. Not anymore. Now you only get to go through three stages [30 levels] before you are cut short. I guess the frogsuckers finally realized their day jobs are more profitable than their runescape exiles and decided to lock down the game.

Still, I recommend the game for its innovations in skill sets and social connectivity and interaction level, even if it doesn't allow you to customize your appearance and be unique. You can be a farmer and make any kind of bread as many times as you want if you're skilled enough but you will never be able to make yourself some baggy suspenders and jeans and tilt your hat. You'll always look the same as everyone else. For me creativity is everything and not being able to customize my appearance is a real turn-off.

I hope they'll look into this eventually, and maybe consider creating some body clothing and body armor for the entire body instead of gender-neutral articles like belts capes and shoes. This game has a lot of promise but it needs help getting there.

Define Free.Dofus Is Free Now !Ya, It's Free, but only 2% of it. I have no credit card and the exchange rate will cost me the amount it takes me to work for 5 hours. Why Can't they have just get sponsors to pay all the expense of the servers, then They could charge nothing for the full game and loose no money, they've already made Over a Billion in profits. Hoping It's fully free when The sequel "Wakfu" is released.-reply by Zarloft

i played this game till i had a xelor at lvl 35 and a heathcliff(catguy) to 40 on freeDofus Is Free Now !

mind u I was only 14 when I started playing. It was awsome and all cuz I had a sweet guild and awsome attks. But this game would b so awsome if they would just make it free and just added a cash shop. OR atleast made a free server but wit less things that are already found in the normal 1. I swear if I had to I would make a private server. But standards wont let me. THis game is a rival to that of WoW. So yah I liked the game