xisto Community
Nani Cheri

Drive Exams any tips for me?

Hi!! :P The 2th of November I have my practical drive exams (hope I say this correctly). But I'm so nervous.. ^_^ Don't have a clue how strict they'll look at how I do.Anyone who got their driving license have any tips or anything for me what I should know preparing for my exam???Thanks alot...SO NERVOUS ^_^:lol:

Do your homework. Get your hand on driving and see to it that you don't fall nervous when someone is sitting beside you especially a horrible looking old guy (^_^).Most of the times, they are intrested in slow driving. They might tell you to take quick turns here and there :-) But in driving, its more important, how well you control your car at very low speeds (gear 1 or 2) These simple tests will help you clear your driving tests.

Well, i have a few pointers for you from experience-My uncle just came out of the gym when he took his exam, the examiner failed for the reason ("Traffic has no place for 'tough' guys like you") and he drove normal-A good thing to do before taking an exam is doing another driving lesson, in the first place you have the hang of it by the end of your first ride, you will drive more relaxed and good on your exam-It could happen that because of nerves you forget some signs, traffic lights being the worst example, dont go overexcited because thats the main reason why some people fail.-Last but surely not least, the examiner lets you do the exam, you apparently know the signs and know the do's and don'ts. In other words, you will be fine, dont worry too much about it ^_^And of course, Good Luck!

In a 'defensive driving' course I once upon a time registered in, the best lesson I learned was to do a three item check before making lane changes or turns.

The sequence is:

Signal - use your turn signal

Mirror - check your mirrors for other traffic

Blind Spot - do an 'over the shoulder' check for other traffic that you may not be able to see in your mirrors

Most Examiners will also be watching to see how 'aware' you are of the presence of other traffic, so be certain to check your mirrors often and 'scan' the road ahead of you. Unless you are the only car on the road, your situation changes about every three seconds. Be aware of the presence of other vehicles at all times.

Most importantly, be calm. Drive slow. Relax.

Good Luck to you. Hope this helps.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Edited as reported.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

and here's something really important that I didn't realize, that threw me off when I took my test and made me fail. The person giving you the test is going to be jotting things down the entire time. And they aren't just marking off the things you've done wrong. They write about the good things you are doing too! So if you see that the pen is moving, don't think you've done something wrong. Pay attention and be confident. Good luck.

Hi!! :D

The 2th of November I have my practical drive exams (hope I say this correctly). But I'm so nervous..  ^_^ Don't have a clue how strict they'll look at how I do.

Anyone who got their driving license have any tips or anything for me what I should know preparing for my exam???

Thanks alot...SO NERVOUS ^_^  :lol:

198733[/snapback]

I'm yet to send off my provisional license. as long as you remember what you have been taught and stay calm then you should be all good :P

Try to use a automatic vehicle, easier then a stick when you're nervous. Also, most driving tests allow you to fail in one or more part and still pass as a whole. So don't sweat it if you know you messed up in an area, you can still pass the rest and be fine. Don't worry unless the person testing you makes you leave the driver seat.As far as the written, study and you should be fine. Have fun, and good luck!

Keep your both hands on the wheel and look at the front mirror (the one that's inside) as much as possible.That way, the commision will know that you follow the traffic.And be sure you hear the orders (if they don't say anything, drive straight) you don't want to overhear something like I did when I was doing my test LOL.Ah, those days ^_^.

Well here are some of my tips: drive for a few minutes before you take the exam, make sure you are checking the mirror every once in a while and make it somewhat obvious so that they know you are checking them and don't panic if you do something wrong, you are allowed a few minor mistakes but when you panic it is easier to make more mistakes.