xisto Community
Saint_Michael

White Sox World Champs

finally a team worthy of a championship besides the angels, they struggle and now they finally won, even though i don't watch baseball that much, but seeing a team win it in 4 games and not drag it out (reds vs yankee's) hopefully they keep there players and not trade them off for crappier ones.but i have to say houston had a good team as well but not as good as they should have been (blame that on clemans).CHI TOWN Worthy of being called champs in my eyes.

I predicted that Sox would win but by 4-1. At least I felt that Astros would have a lucky break. But the 3rd game really devastated them, somehow. Boy, what a game, huh? I stayed up all night watching the game and I'm so glad I did. It was the decisive moment for both teams--and when Sox won that game, I saw the defeat in team Astros.1917 is no more!

they i read something say are the cubs next to win a wolrd series for the first time since 1908. all i have to say is that thank god you don't have to hear abotu the yankees winning 10 world series in row cuz of deep pockets and what not.

Congrats to the white sox fans out there, you got to give Chicago a lot of credit because they have a great team. They had all the timely hits whereas Houston hitters went something on an 0-30 drought with runners on base.With that said, go 'stros in '06!

Heres a good question. . . . why is it called the world series if its just N.american teams . . . . kidna jsut shows alot about the USA's awareness of everything outside it's borders lol.

I am extremely happy that the sox swept this series. Now, it will be a little more difficult for people to tool on the red sox for that ridiculous showing earlier this month. Time for some serious rebuilding in Boston. Congrats on absolutley owning Houston. Any favs for next year?

In reference to the "World Series" being an American only thing:

Don't the Toronto Blue Jays count?

I am Canadian!

Since baseball is biggest in America, the best people from all over the world come to play here. But I don't really know why they call it the "world series" Some guys back in 1899 or something thought it would be cool. I've heard a lot of people talking about how boring the post season was this year. I don't understand why! I love these close games and pitcher's duels, it makes for more dramatic moments. There were plenty of dramatic moments this year. Great baseball. People just like to see tons of homeruns, I guess.

the blue jays don't count they are like AAA team crap ^_^but yeah world series is abotu the players and not the team even though 99% live in the US.but the question will be know will the sox trade all there players just to get big names, they better not or they won't have the same calibur team like they did yesterday.

Congrats on absolutley owning Houston.  Any favs for next year?

198745[/snapback]

Houston was leading at some point in most of the games. Each game was extremely competitive. The 'stros will still be dangerous next year.

It is pretty silly to call it the world series, better to call it the MLCS, or something like that.

Last year it was the Red Sox who lifted the Curse of the Bambino and came out victorious. This year, it's the Chicago White Sox who finally ended a long drought of after the "Black Sox" scandal of 1917. Congratulations - you truly deserve the championship! Houston has a great team, but Chicago wanted it more and had the breaks.Which team is next - Chicago Cubs?, Los Angeles Angels? Anyway, I'm glad to see that a few other teams other than the New York Yankees get a shot at the World Series title.