xisto Community
Jeremie

I Hate How The Word "gay" Is Often Used

It really pisses me off when people say things like "That's gay" or "He's a *BLEEP*".

It is extremely disrespectful to an entire group of human beings. That's right, they are human beings and they don't need to be belittled like that.

Here is a GREAT example of the very thing I hate:

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/2837-bush-is-gay/

so do I! Very few things irritate me like people finding any other adjective to use other than "gay" especially when they're just trying to use it for a "shock" factor or whatever. Blah makes me want to tell em to get a thesarus for x-mas :rolleyes:

I use the word *BLEEP* but I don't mean teh group of people. I use it in the context of which it is used today. Sure some people still mean for it to relate to a homosexual. But I don't use it in that context and thus I can't really be blamed for it being a word. People use words for many different meanings. I am sorry you are offended by it, but just know that if I ever called you it, I wouldn't mean it in the derogatory way.

definition of *BLEEP*:noun; 1. a bundle of sticks.gay:noun; 1. happy or overjoyed.people do use it...but i do have one question...are you gay? no offense if you are just...are you cuz i dont think anyone would have a preoblem with that unless they are.

Oh I always say gay...LMAO....I normally don't just call people gay for no apparent reason but if they do some thing extremly annoying and I can not think of a word I just mutter this one as it is the first word that cusses I can think off...I am one of those violent people who swear a lot and bash people up....Seriously...And to me the word "gay" is sort of nothing......There are a lot of other very BAD words out there.

Words are just that! Words. They can only hurt someone if that person allows them to. Personally, being a "*BLEEP*", "queer" or whatever else someone can come up with is just another characteristic of a person. It's not who or what they really are. As for people (generalization) using the words "*BLEEP*", "queer", and "gay" as an insult to someone else. They aren't people I would even want to be around. Being around people that retarded is just not worth the time. (dictionary terms)"gayadj. gay?er, gay?est 1. Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex. 2. Showing or characterized by cheerfulness and lighthearted excitement; merry. 3. Bright or lively, especially in color: a gay, sunny room. 4. Given to social pleasures. 5. Dissolute; licentious""queer adj. queer?er, queer?est 1. Deviating from the expected or normal; strange: a queer situation. 2. Odd or unconventional, as in behavior; eccentric. See Synonyms at strange. 3. Of a questionable nature or character; suspicious. 4. Slang. Fake; counterfeit. 5. Feeling slightly ill; queasy. 6. Offensive Slang. Homosexual. 7. Usage Problem. Of or relating to lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, or transgendered people.""*BLEEP*?gotn. & v. Variant of fagot.""*BLEEP*?ot also *BLEEP*?gotn. 1. A bundle of twigs, sticks, or branches bound together. 2. A bundle of pieces of iron or steel to be welded or hammered into bars."

Wow I see this post has got people to get very very interlectual with the word "gay"No affence but don't get your self over this .....although it is a good topic, it is just an aggression thing...

^^ I have to agree wtih bexa, you people are really going to the dictionary way too much. Please don't ever go to a ghetto and try to decipher what people are saying there based upon a Websters. Anyway1) I was gay2) I am not currently "Bi" but I really don't mind anyone calling me a *BLEEP* or queer or whatever because if I affect them to the point that they gotta insult me, it reminds me of just how great I am3) If you are just so offended by language, then just don't listen to it. People don't have to adjust their language just because you don't agree with it.

That's what I was getting at. The dictionary terms I posted are just for referance to what people are actually calling someone when they say "You're so gay!". I've never cared that people called me *BLEEP* or queer or any of the other lame phrases that I've heard over the years. It's not worth the effort to say anything back. Later, -- J.

Try listening to Jewel's song "Pieces of You" from the album of the same tilte. and you will finf out why other people hate "*BLEEP*"here's the line in the song:*BLEEP*, *BLEEP*Do you hate him 'coz he's pieces of you!if you still ca't undersatand the meaning PM me.

The problem is not the use of the word gay but the bias against gays in society.I think gay becoming a cuss-word is just a sympton of people discriminating, you shouldn't be concerned about the use of the word, but about people actually discriminating. Oh yea, did a google on the words <_<. Check out this site: http://www.godhatesfigs.com/ . funny stuff :).

no offense if you are just...are you cuz i dont think anyone would have a preoblem with that unless they are.

I'm not gay, but I am educated enough to refrain from call out groups of people just so I can have something to say when I want to express negative feelings about something. At my school we had a large gay population and so the phrase "that's so gay" or "what a queer" sort of died out because there were just too many questions to answer like 'well who are you talking about?' By the end of senior year they had switched all of their gay phrases to jews. ie "that is so jewish" or "what a jew." Does *that* example make any sense how it can be offensive?