xisto Community
Jesse

Cell Phones So Annoying

Well its time for another venting to make myself feel a little better.Why is it the case then when you are sick and sleeping that cell phone never stop running. You always have someone ringing you ... wether it be then stupid telemarketers or friends wanting something ...You ask them to call later cause you are not well and sleeping and they get annoyed. Well be like that I dont care anymore. Cause when you want something again the answer will darn well be NO NO NO.

Notice from saint-michael:
Taken cosideration of what the topic is about and reading it, it is considered a vent
Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

I agree...constant phone calls while being sick does get annoying....but it's not like they all have video cameras following you around, and the moment you don't feel good, start baraging you with phone calls. It's just one of those "Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong" type of things. If you're planning for a week that you're gonna get off of work early on a certain Tuesday, odds are that you're probably gonna get out of there late. You catch my drift....On a side note.....doesn't your phone have the capability to mute itself? If so, why not just change it to that when you're feeling bad and wanting rest.....that way the annoyance of a ringtone doesn't wake you from your ill slumber

Yes that's true, you can always turn off your cell phone. And your friends calling you isn't your cell phone's fault XD if you didn't have a cell phone, your friends would probably still call you over the wire phone ^_~and cell phones cost minutes that's what's annoying. So i only use cell phones in emergancies. I never give my cell phone number to anyone so i don't waste my minutes. (but i rarely carry around my cell phone anyways =P)

I totaly agree. I mean of course cell phone are good for those who really need to be in contact with their boss or whoever. But for me cell phones are not a must have object. I'm 17 years old and I can't say I receive many calls... That's why I could live almoust as good without a cell phone. So YES moust of the time cell phones are annoying...

I just really find the high pitch rings really annoying..ear bursting , lol, thats why i dont own a phone...well at least they arnt all the monotone ones anymore,, now they wereliterrally ear penitrating ^_^

Yeah, but it's fun listening to ring tones even though their annoying XDit's fun to customize your cell phone, like add backgrounds and give it a cool skin to show off. After a while...you're just like..."why do i even have a cell phone? it's a waste of 20 bucks per month X_X"

Cell phones are good because it's easier to reach people (in an emergancy and such) because most people have them.What's really annoying is people who can't ever seem to get off of them. ~_~ Is it really necessary to talk while you drive, or talk loudly in a restaurant? I mean, if you're telling someone you're on your way, or that you're lost and need directions, I guess it's okay, just don't start chit-chatting about a movie you just saw and get distracted and plow into another car. Or just pass the phone to someone else in the car if there is someone else.I just find it somewhat ridiculous sometimes that people will talk in restaurants really loudly; it's kind of rude.What also bugs me is the really annoying ring tones. o_O;; I mean, I don't mind songs, but if it's crazy beeping that sounds like a moose being strangled, then you seriously need to just have your phone on vibrate all the time. o_O It's especially annoying when it takes the person forever to ANSWER their phone.Meh.

I hate when I talk to people and then they answer a call right in the middle of our conversation, I think it's very rude. When that happens I'm stuck wasting my time waiting for the person to finish talking. Then you have those times where people on a cell phone ruin a nice and quiet atmosphere. Also, you have the issue of drivers on phones which increases the chance of being in an accident. People with cell phones should learn to use them responsibly.

Actually, what I find annoying is the cost of phones, in terms of both calls and the phones themselves. People seem to "need" to be up to date with their phones, the whole camera thing, funky ringtones and little hanging ornaments off the top. Phones always seem to be rapidly upgrading, with all these extra features. I don't know whether they'll be a difference between your Palm Pilot, Laptop, Portable Gaming Console or Mobile Phone in the near future...Anyway, I personally tend to use my cell phone minimally, only when I need to find out where someone is or meeting up kind of arrangement. Otherwise, for telephone conversations, you're definitely much better off with your internet connection or a line phone (heck even a pay phone is cheaper for local calls).

Hm...I also noticed that, but i think that the problem is that you are far more concentrated on that sort of stuff when you are sick! What I mean is that it happens all the time, you just don't notice it..Why does it happen that the cell phone rings just when you thought of someone or etc.?? I think it is because of our thelepatical capabilities, that we all have inside us but mostly unused or latent. This examples show us the power of it and we shouldn't think it is a coincidence - because there is no such thing as coincidence!greetz

When I fall sick, I take the battery out of my cell phone, discard the SIM, curl up in bed, and hibernate... and then someone comes a-knockin', or the landline starts ringing. Seriously, Murphy's law... holds pretty good in most cases (for the uninitiated: Murphy's law = "Anything that can go wrong, will.").I understand your annoyance - been there more times than I'd care to admit, lol. I am more aggravated by people who use cellphones during classes in college - ever since I started making presentations, I realized how annoying that could get... people messaging away, not particularly bothered about anything at all... Phew, sorry for the side rant. Try and put up with stuff, I guess it's the only thing to do :P And consider taking the battery off the handset :P

Cell phones don't bother me at all. I just hate it when you bring it to school and you forget to turn it off and it rings during class. Using the text messaging tool is an excellent silent way to contact, but it costs some serious dollars after you use them a while. The purpose for my cell phone is to talk with my buds and to call someone in case of an emergency, so I carry it just about everywhere I go.

Cell phones going off during class make my day when it's not mine. :DBecause are teachers go pretty crazy, especially my Chemestry teacher, who will go off about how technology is the new Tower of Babel... ah, it's great.I do dislike it when cell phones go off when you're talking to somebody and they actually answer it when it's not an emergancy. I mean, it's fine if their mom called to say they're going to be late or something, but if it's your friend Jeff and you're chatting about the O.C. for 20 minutes, our conversation is over. I don't like to stand there feeling like I'm butting in or something.

Cell phones bother me when people talk during class. Its like the teachers outside and they call someone. What's so important that you have to talk to that person?? I'm sitting at my desk and hearing this guy. Yes a guy talking to some other guy like "wassup, i'm just in class chiling, yah, yeah, yeh its boring up in this mug," and its just pointless stuff. Then I hate being around people who starts to pick up their cellphone while it rings and talk. I feel like they don't want me there. I don't want to listen to your conversation either. lol.

I hate people who never have any credit on there phone, and know that you (me) have a contract phone, so you always have credit, so they are asking every 2 minutes if they can use you phone, or send a quick text to someone.Then your bill comes, and half of the calls you didnt make. Grrr