xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wow

What Is A Sig? My reply to flash

I got a few replys to my last two animations,and I will try to answer them all in this one post.First off I hope I didnt get anyone angry that I posted in this forum about flash. 2nd maybe I should have asked what a sig was? To me images are graphics regaurdless if they are animated or static. Flash is object orianted.An object is an image may it be a button or what ever.In the case of a button the button image is asigned action script with makes it interactive to the user.such as an image map which is no more then a graphical interpitation of a hyper link. The softwear that I used to do this is as follows.I used a dvd player that has the capability to capture frames from a dvd.The player I used is called PowerDVD.You must turn off the overlay feature in the player otherwize you will cap what is called a blank.A blank can be any color,but most of the time they will be black.I set the capture to auto capture ever 1 secound which is the lowest this player will offer you to do .If you feel the need to capture every frame you must do that manually.After I had captured all the frames I felt I needed to make the animation I used psp's animation shop 3 to build the animation. I suppost I could have compressed the file size more,but I elected not to.Then I exported the animation to the flash IDE. In flash there are two ways to do an animation frame by frame or tweening.In this case it is frame by frame.Once in flash I then compiled it which gives you the formats that you have selected in the publish window in this case I selected swf,and html.The swf file is the compiled file of a fla file.The html file is your web page code that has the flash player embeded in it.Both these files are then uploaded to your hosting server.If you need more info on this feel free to pm me.