xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JohnBoy

Breaking Web Hosting Commitment Friend promised a Web Host

I had this MEGA good free host that my friend ran. He said that I could have it forever... BUT today he says that he is moving his servers, thus deleting my site!!! My site has over 200 directories that i will have to do all over again!!! I hate him!!!Grrrrrrrrr.... ^_^ He broke his promise so I want revenge Muhahahahahahahahah ^_^ .

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

When you make posts make sure that the topic tells what is inside. 'Why? : Read here' tells very little about what you want to say here. And it could be a time wasting one for many members who spend their quality time in making the community, thus getting the right credit on the way. Of course, I want to welcome you to this community. I'm just like you - as a member. But if you post which makes very little sense I'm afraid you don't get any credits.Now, let's get to the point. When you friend said that you will have the hosting free for life did you believe him? If you do so, its somewhat funny. As a webmaster you might know what things are involved in webhosting and afterall you are getting that hosting for free. Even paid hosting companies collapsed. It is hard to trust friends to run webhosting company forever unless they are huge companies with lots of money pumping into their business. Please continue to participate effectively and constructively. If you need help, just use the right category to ask for help. There are many experts here.

I know, as a webmaster I should have thought twice about the offer of free hosting... but it was at a time where I had to get my site up and running, and I hadn't discovered anything like this host.By the way, thanks for welcoming me and thanks for the advice ^_^

well you do also know that if you saved the coding you shouldn't have nothing to worry about unless it all db then your friend should give you the chance to download everything to be up again to save you time as well.but on a side not yeah i would fix that topic title since it isn't telling anything just use the report button.

This is not that bad. If your friend is going to put you on his new server is there anything to worry about? Most people back up their site did you? Well I guess you didn't or you would not be complaining. Remember no hosted files are perminent because of server problems, moves, or whatever. Always back up your files even if you have a good host like this one. Just keep your hosting here you never have to worry about Xisto breaking their promise of offering the best free hosting I have ever seen (I searched for a good host for about six months before I registered here in April).

I know how you feel. My managed to get free hosting from a friend for a year, he hosted a site for me, and one for my brother, then the other week, he said he was getting rid of his Server as he wasn't using it and all that was on it was mine and my brothers stuff.Shocking huh, he hosted it for free for a year, then stoped paying for it due to not using. Shocking :lol:^_^ <<----

Did you really expect that your friend could host you free forever at his expense? Although it wasn't very kind of him to have just deleted all your work without notice you shouldn't have been suprised. Things this good usually do come to and end and if you had so much work on his servers you should have been periodically creating back-ups or at least keep a copy on your computer.