xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PhasingThrough

Rosa Parks Has Died

thats sad to hear that one of the greatest people to have pass away, a great pioneer in the civil rights movement and everything else that goes to the great stuff that she has done.

The world has lost a very great civil rights leader on this very sad day. May we walk around today in a solem mood rembering her,

Meh, I never thought not giving up your seat on your bus would be such a big deal. What Rosa Parks did was brave and obviously led to the Civil Rights movement.

I used Rosa Park's death as my current events topic in my American Pop Culture class and no one appreciated the event except my teacher. I couldn't understand it - she basically started the entire civil rights movement.

Well, some people are just uneducated.I've been studying the American Civil Right movement last sememster (got no idea why, I live in Australia). But anyway, they posted an article about her death on the school board a few weeks ago. Pretty sad, really.

I am seeing a hint of racism comming out in the above, unnamed post. I know that this is old news now but it is still a topic that is of interest to me.I am majoring in criminal justice and the further I delve into the field, I learn that Civil Rights plays one of the most important roles in America's criminal justice system. That some people hardly know, Civil Rights do not just affect minorities, they affect every citizen in the United States. Civil Rights not only protect minorities from discrimination, but they also protect the public(race not a matter) from police brutality, privacy invasion and other topics. Rosa Parks was a spark in this movement that yes, was mainly to gain equality for all people. Did you forget about the Civil Rights that gave women the right to vote. If it wasnt for the Civil Right movement, there is a possibility that women still would not be able to vote.I am only speaking from an educated mind and you can pull what you want from it, but in my own personal opinion, Rosa Parks helped being about the civil rights movement for all races equally.