xisto Community
Zychez

When An Arcade Game Becomes Too Real..... O__O

http://lookatentertainment.com/v/v-1212.htm

=====

it's light induced hypnosis.. not all people are susceptible to it, if you are, unlucky you, certain light flash frequencies/rates can cause for you to be in a 'sleep-like' state.. the rate can be slow/fast, either can trigger the light induced trance.. ..

coolness...

but.. looks staged.. most probably is.. i mean light induced hypnosis is like REALLY REALLY rare.. what are the chances of the first person trying the game to be susceptible to it? and also.. a horn to break the trance? LOL

My verdict ---> FAKE.Honestly, too unrealistic, but what do I know about hypnosis?...nothing. But from watching the tape, I find it hard to believe.If I ever see those kind of games at local amusement parks I'll be the first in line.

When I get games from blockbuster they normally have a warning about what the light can do to you telling you not to play for more than like an hour at a time. It even goes on telling you that you could have seizures. I don't know know anyone who has that problem but it would be scarey having that happening to you.

well i know that if i look at a computer screen for 6 hours straight it starts to hurt my eyes a bit... lol i guess that's a kind of hypnosis :P

it wouldn't surprise me if it worked though, i mean, people claim that listening to certain types of music can make you smarter... mind you, i'm a bit skeptical about that too.

actually, speaking of games that can hypnotise people, has anyone heard of mutant storm or space tripper? Fantastic arcade games, but the graphics are absolutely mental - bright pinks and blues and greens... absolutely amazing! check out http://pompomgames.com/, and take a look at the screenshots!

cheers :P

AHAHAHAHAHA :P:P that has to be the funniest thing i seen in awhile, even though hypnosis is real, you need to be an expert to pull it off, it has a good reality tv thing going duping people to play the game and then scare the bejesus out of them.but yeah i would have to say its a game stunt.

Yeah seriously, if I was that guy's friend I would have thought that they were trying to kidnap him or something but those two just went with them, not questioning their motifs at all.

Aside from being damn funny, it's entirely feasible. First off it's from a show called "Mind Control" and the mastermind in the video is Derren Brown. The website is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Light and sound can effect humans in a very strong way. You can very definitely 'hypnotise' people with the right light. I wouldn't say that it is very very rare, certainly a minority but I would say that the third quoted would be accurate.
The human brain must accept what is put in front of it as real. It is only the conscious brain that tells the rest if something isn't. When we watch a movie, most of our brain considers it to be real, but it is only the conscious part that says that it isnt. That's why we can still be affected emotionally by what is happening in the movie. This is especially apparent in dreams. When you dream, as far as you are aware it's all real. Your conscious mind isn't there for the most part to tell you otherwise. The only reason you don't physically act out dreams is because your body releases a paralytic chemical during REM (dream) sleep. This is also especially apparent in mental patients and with chemically induced hallucinations. These images are created in your mind and yet you think you are seeing them with your eyes. Your brain cannot tell the difference between the reality that it creates and what actually is there. What you see, feel, hear, touch, smell is actually all in your head. Your brain receives stimuli and interpretes it accordingly. In normal people it's accurate, in mental patients their brain function is disturbed and they cannot tell the difference between reality and what is in their head. Scientists a while ago managed to reproduce a 'divine encounter' experience. The sensation people often describe as feeling like God (or some other omnipresent being) is 'touching' them was reproduced in a lab by electrically stimulating a certain part of the brain. That's not to say that if you had an experience like that, that it wasn't genuine, just that scientists can create that sensation. You can draw your own conclusions on that piece of info. I don't want to get into a religious debate :(
Anyways, hypnosis kind of bypasses the conscious mind giving you direct access to the subconscious meaning that a person under hypnotic influence is much more likely to believe what is happening to them. As for the firends being in on it, I don't know - their body language at first makes them seem very confused and then moves on to being subservient and coerced, like they're not sure if they should be doing what they are told, but going along with it anyway. At the end, they seem much more relaxed. I'm not an expert on body language but I can't really see anything in the friends body language to say that it was a set up. I don't know if this video is actually real, but I can tell you that it is entirely possible.