xisto Community
monkeyarms

Getting Permission help me

hi i need help getting the server permission changed so that i can install the forums is says (Request denied.Verify that the file or folder exists and that you have the necessary permissions on the server to perform the requested operation) how do i change the permissions on the server??

Not really sure but I what you need to do is CHMOD the folders of your forum to 777. Which type of forum are you trying to install?

It's probably the configuration file that requires read/write privelages. It needs to be CHMODed to 777, as has been mentioned. Your FTP client should be able to do this for you. In phpBB2, the configuration file is 'config.php' in the installation directory.

While installing try to read installation manual side by side. A more detail description will be given there. If you are installing manually, you need to change permission using ftp client or cpanel as per your convenience. Since, installation manual will give you step by step guide, it will be most helpful. However, if you are installing your phpBB forum from Fantastico and it failed or permission denied - mods and admins can help you out. I do not have an idea. Also, tell us upto which stage you've done. If you are more descriptive - you will be helped much more quicker than you could think of. We are community of experts and dumbs alike. ^_^