xisto Community
nehemiah

Internet Dating :) Is it yours by internet?

Hey People, Are you in love with someone via internet?Then join your name here? That wil be pretty awesome :lol:I have to praise such persons because they need to be so much patirnce and trusing each others ^_^Come on guys ..

i'm not going to be very romantic with this... but it is my opinion... it would be one of the most stupid things you could do. Why? Because first of all you don't know who is on the other end of the line (I know a website - it's in romanian else i would give you the link- which fools stupid people into doing crazy stuff thinking for example that on the other end of the line is a beautiful blond = just imagine what someone would do in front of a webcam and you'll realize what is the definition of stupidity)... so boys and girls have a second thought before becoming madly inlove with someone over the internet

I'd have to agree that "falling in love" over the internet is not the smartest thing to do. I saw a quote once that was something like

There are no women on the internet. Just men who are men, women who are men, and children who are FBI agents.

Obviously this can't be taken literally, but wherever you go there's a good chance that whoever you're talking to isn't who you think it is.
Also, two of the most important things for communication are inflection and body language, and you just can't get those online. It's much easier to lie to someone, too. You just don't get a lot of the things over the internet that you get talking to someone in person.

I'm sure there are women on the net. But don't expect to find your perfect partner on the other side of the screen. It might just end really badly. And all those success stories you read about on things like match.com or whatever. Well it's called advertising. I wonder how many times they can ask someone for a quote like that out of a thousand. Online dating seems like a lottery. A very scary and disturbing one.

.. I tried this. Well, not really, not on purpose.. it just happened. As already suggested, it did not end well. It still gets to me sometimes, what happened in the end (I won't go into details there - lets just say it wasn't pretty). It actually left me with a bit of a trust issue that, because of this and other "in-person" situations combined, I probably won't get over any time soon.

I wouldn't advise it. Not unless you knew the person before this happened, and you're confident in who they say they are. Also, it would be 10034 times better if it were possible to meet them in person (yes, yes, in a public place..), as then you'll know they've been honest with who they are.

Well, I think I have to stress on the word LOVE then dating. If you love someone TRUST is an important matter. If you think the onther end is the same sex and if you are diverted by the suggestions of your freinds it means that you are a perosn who can not belive your partner. LOVE needs trust first. Unfortunately in internet love you need to invest much trust. But I don't think it is really a risky one to be locked with a asme sex person. Beacuse you can ensure them by knowing their friends circle. Am I right? ^_^

I have a "boyfriend" who i contact over the internet. I've never met him, he lives in texas. He admited that he liked him and I told him I liked him back. Problem: That was a lie. Every guy I've talked to told me they liked me and I said that I liked them back. And they all asked me to be their girlfriend and I agreed to each and every one of them. Aren't I cruel? You never know if someone online is bf/gf with someone else and you'll never know about it...And you can't really "love" that person if all you do is chat and pretend to date and get married. Jeez...

Well, I agree, there are people who use internet dating as a time pass. But can I ask you a question? Will any guy sit and write mails pages and pages?I agree chatting will be done for time pass. But longer mails? How is it possible unless they are in love? You can now jude everyone just because of your experiance, Both the cases are there. But I belive internet love has much probability to be broekn up easily unless both of them are with well understanding.

I've talked about it a few times before here, but I had a really bad experience with this sort of thing in the past and now I look at the whole thing with a bit of caution. The thing is, you can talk to someone and care a lot about them and like them a whole lot, but I really don't believe that you can be "in love" without meeting. There are too many variables to fill in. It's too easy to hide flaws, it's too easy to play games. But with that said...I don't think it's such a bad idea anymore, since I've realized that I can't practice what I preach and I've fallen back into the whole thing in the past few months, spending hours chatting with a new guy (I mean, a different guy, but one I've known online for several years). LOL. The bad situation happened five years ago and hopefully I can use what I learned from all that to not make the same mistakes again. Right now, I'm going very, very slowly and I am not going to fall into any traps. Plus, I am not going to look deeper into things than what they are. As with any sort of dating, if you just look at it as something fun to do instead of the end of the world- it should be okay. I hope.

the hell? dont do internet dating. i mean on the NET? Okay, maybe whoever does that needs a LIFE. no offence.1. you dont know the person, even if you SEE them in person... who knows what they'll do?2. they MAY be faking it.3. they can rape (women of course..) you OR steal anything of your belongings.4. they might not be STRAIGHT. (bi, hetro, trans, lesbians...,*happy*..)yeah sorry for that "improper" english.

I think you just have to be honest with people.. but expect that no one is being honest with you ^^;Internet relationships can be fun.. although I haven't had one since I was pretty young and new to things.. (I stick to real guys, they're so much cuddlier ^^!)Ah.. I admit, sometimes I run into guys (or maybe they aren't really guys o.o) online that I love talking to, and it's like, "Ahhh.. I love this guy...*.*".. but I never take it farther than random thoughts :B..although I will say, now.. my current boyfriend had to move 3 hours away from where I live, and since we're both busy with college and stuff, I rarely get to see him face-to-face anymore. It's become a sort of an internet relationship for these few months.. and it's interesting. (But at the same time, it's not the same thing at all, since I really do know who he is, and he'll be back in a year or so, if everything goes well ^^)..jeeze that was rambly of me .. ^^;;

no offence but ,, you are seriously desperate if you chose internet dating. I'm sure there are tons of females/males out there for you to date other then "net". I heard thsi story from my brother. He said that one of his friend met this one girl on ragnorok and they started to date. They even have little wedding in the game. She flew to his place and he flew to hers. ehh.. probably isn't the type of ending you would expect. But i still think it is sad for someone to meet their soul mate over the internet.

It all depends how you cope with it. You can't judge SUN is bad. It is nature and it is good in some way. Similarly, internet dating is part of today's modern society. It does not make sense for some people.

Disadvantages

Other members' thinking are all correct. Those are true.

No Trust

No Honest

No loyalty

( e.g. one guy will date you two or three times because he forgets who you are )

Very dangerous

It is dangerous if they plan to meet outside

Liars

You become a liar

Random Love

(e.g. you will meet your bro there)

Illusion

You are not living on the real world. You live on the Fantasy world. They are going to tell you how much they love you and they are really eager to marry you. You cannot rely on it. If you get married, that marriage cannot go very well. (Your bad habits, his bad habits, Like, Dislikes)

Big problem

I'm afraid to marry because I met lots of guys and I don't trust anyone :)

Advantages

Good experience

If you say NO

I talked with one guy everyday. He listens whenever I told him. He dates me at last. I said NO. He said BYE. He disappeared later.

If you say YES

I wait my friends and family online but they do not want to give their time to me. I want to speak my mother language with someone. I met one guy from my country online. I talk with him everyday. He dated me. I said YES. Until today, he always waits me there and talks with me. Maybe he is chatting with other girls. I don't care. As long as he is there for me, it is fine.

You get SOMEONE always there. You can tell your feeling, problems, release your stress. No need to tell your big idea. I have experience with that.

Safe

As for me, Internet Dating is safe. I do not wish to meet my online bf in the real world because I know he can rape me OR kill me. As long as you can handle yourself not to meet guys outside and meet him behind the screen, it is secure for girls. This is my rule and I can manage very well because I always date with guys who stay abroad. I have never given my real name, my real address, and my real mobile number.

Although I think internet dating is good in some way, I do not wish to marry online bf.

I totally agree with others. It won't go well. 100% for sure.

Internet dating! Wow what a topic I have got a story for you all...lolI am female 36 very happily married, but I love to chat on the internet, I would never date because I am married and if i wasnt i still dont think i would do it, the real thing is wayyyyy beter.. Anyway on to my story, I have 4 kids 2 teens from a previous marriages and 2 young ones from my current marriage. My teens are both female 17 (18 in about 2 weeks) and 16. They both have there own pc. Ok where to start..lol My oldet her name is ashley. Starting having online relations with a boy in minnesota, we live in washington state. This was back in may of this year I think when it all started. She plays online pool at yahoo games and met him there they started chatting and what not and things just kinda went from there, a couple weeks later she started refering to him as her boyfriend. I was not so much in shock, I cant say I dont believe in internet dating, it really doesnt bother me its just nor for me. My husband on the other hand is very very against it, he does not believe in it at all. But anyways I was a little concerend as any parent would be, not so much at first but they more serious they got the more concerend I got. It caused alot of problems between my husband and I we were constantly fighting over it. But as time went on my daughter started talking about wanting to take a trip on the bus to minnesota, I was frantic I didnt know what to do. and I told her no absolutely not, and she told me after she was 18 she was gonna do it anyway,this is late september by this time so she was only a little over 2 months from being 18, and I was scared to death. This boy she was seeing was 19 thats not a big deal to me as she is almost 18 i think that is resonable. But anyway about a week after our discussion about her going to minnesota she tells me, well rob is just gonna come here first instead of me going there so you guys can meet him, I didnt really like that idea either but it was better then her leaving and going there, and besides they are kids I figured most of it was talk. Well I learned the hard way that it wasnt just talk. not even a week later my daughter comes to me and says Rob got on the bus this morning he will be here in 4 days, can he stay here. OMG!! I really didnt know what to do I was in shock at that point, and I had to tell my husband that this kid was on a bus on his way here. Anyway back to the can he stay here. I told her absolutely not!! I asked her how did he get the money to get a bus ticket, she says he has a job he is bringing his own money with him. So my reply was well if he has money he can get himself a room. So you can imagine the qustion that came next. Well can I stay with him. Wow I just wanted to shake her and say are you crazy, you dont even know this guy. But in her mind she does know him. Of course my response was no! Well the boy showed up 4 days later as I was told he would, I took her down to the bus station to pick him up and we took him to a motel. he got his room had to change his schedule a little and make his trip shorter because he didnt have enough money to stay 8 days, which was fine with me. So he was here about 4 days they hung out toghether she showed him the town. Then finally I was so happy it was time for him to leave. We took him to the bus she saw him off. 4 days later he was back home in minnesota, she was so excited to talk to him again after they had met, and things were good for about a day, and then they broke up after all that, and he started spreading rumors to mutual friends of theres and all kinds of bs. And she thought she was in love especially after she met him, and he seemed the same way while he was here. Anyway I forgot what the moral of the story is, I guess its just be careful with what ever you do online, anybody can tell you anything I try to get that accross to my kids all the time, I tell them you know I could make up a name and come and chat with you where ever you hang out and tell you anything I want that im a Dr. that im rich , and you guys believe that, you are to trusting, and I know this was a very hard lesson for my daughter to learn, but hopefully she will think twice next time about opening her heart to someone online. Besides the fact I told both teens that internet dating is not allowed in our house anymore.. lol Well I know it was long but I hope this story can help someone out there think twice or be very sure you know what you are doing, and dont trust ANYONE unless you know for certain.