xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
grnjd

General Questions From Me Thread

Hi everybody, i need some help uploading my templates. Question is how do i start? I just created a Xisto.net account, site is gwk.trap17.net. How do i upload my template to the server so people can view it (where do i go, the cpanel)? And how do i make the template my homepage and link other template to my homepage? Help, i've tried for the last few days surfing the net for info, but found none, so i came here.

Hmm, I can't really give you specific help because I have no idea what template you are trying to use. Give us the direct URL of your template (where did you get it), and I'll try to do the rest for you. ^_^

if you are using a custom template you designed just upload your index.ext (where ext could be htm, html, php or other valid html extension) and you are set.If the template is designed with php includes, just upload all your files that your main files use, like this;index.php is your main fileheader.php is your header includebody.php is your body includefooter.php your footer includeAnd make sure the routes are the same so that index.php could succesfuly call those includes...If you are using a CMS template, you have to install first the cms which basically consist on you uploading all the cms files to your account, and then setting it up, by entering your address (example your site.trap17.com) and then youll be in the right address to start configuring your cms.Next you need to upload your template to the custom folder of themes or templates for the given cms, and then select it in the administrator of your CMS... Hope you know what im talking about, else you can post your questions here...Good luck!

get an ftp client...upload it to public html folder (in most cases) and viola, website. ftp clients --> FireFTP Firefox extension or CuteFTP