xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sevesz

Don't Put Off Till Tomorrow What You Can Do Today What do you think?

Erroneous Saying: Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today.Obvious Flaw: And if you die in your sleep tonight, you wasted your last day on Earth doing homework and laundry. Heh.What does everyone else think? ^_^

Well...it depends on your definition of a waste of time. Homework and laundry are generally necessary, not a waste of time. While partying and having too much fun is...fun, in the long run they can hurt you. I don't believe in "live everyday as if it's your last" because it gives people excuse to be irresponsible, unreliable, etc...it's your last day, who cares about the consequences, right? I would say just do what is good for you and be true to yourself. Don't give yourself excuses, because life won't excuse your mistakes.

I guess you should do both, get the work out of the way, and you'll have time to enjoy your life--'cause think about it: you should probably live your life as if everyday were your last, bacuse we aren't promised a tomorrow.

I agree with Kim, there should be no excuses.However, when some people say the words "live like there's no tomorrow", it can also means that instead of wasting time and doing selfish things, the person should live the last day repenting for their committed sins and do what good they could with the time and resources alloted.So I guess the factor that determines with my agreeing with the person is how he/she perceive that STATEMENT.Words can be the same, but no interpretation matches.

It's very common advice, no matter how you phrase it. (No time like the present, etc.). I really think it takes a balance. If you encounter a problem or something you have to do, it's better if you take care of it now, rather than put it off until later. I feel the problem will only grow as time passes, so it's better to do the the things you have to do now,and you can relax when you've tackled the problem. Overall, I beleive if you can maintain a balance and recognize what tasks are improtant than others yet blow off some steam every now and then (live life to the fullest), then you'll have an enjoyable life.

Haha...look at it in another respects..what I thought about when I saw this statement is that...., say, 'if you love someone or value someone, tell them because tomorrow might be too late'. I always think about it this way. ^_^

This is a good question you set! What if I die the next day? And we really have no guarantee that we wont die tomorrow, so we must live like it is the last day of our lives, BUT now we have the problem - what is the way we want to spend the rest day of our lives? This is a hard question because everyone is goin to say - I'll go out there and party, drink, bla bla,... but than death comes and you are absolutely not ready for it!! I once heard a good quote, it goes something like this: "When we are single, we want a girlfriend,when we have a girlfriend, we want to marry her,when we are married, we want kids,when we have kids, we want them to be happy and grow succesfuly,but when we are about to die, we realize that we haven't lived at all!We just plan and plan and think about our PAST AND FUTURE, but we should LIVE IN THE PRESENT MOMENT and use it in a way that we think it is the best, if we die the next day....greetz

i think that "Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today" is really a wisdom apparently.but we could not achieve usually,because there too many excuse always.in all,treasuring time is always a lasting theme.

Oh my gosh...By biggest weakness is procrastinating. Hm..because of that I have lost many many golden moments in my life. I am waiting for my life partner :lol: who can make me busy and encourage in my life to work always. ^_^

Haha that quote sounds likes it directed at me. I'm the biggest procrastinator I know. Nehemiah, if you find a life partner who can cure your procrastination, please let me know if they have a brother I could marry!

lol :lol: Chuya...Are you female ? Well I am in a relationship it is going sweet, of course my GF is a hard worker, but I am not sure how far she will be struggling with me habit, she will simply ask me a have a personal assistant lol ^_^

I'm a big fan of putting off stuff, I even pout off putting stuff off. It makes it really hard when I have to finish 3 IT assignments for college the next day thouhg but I manage somehow. I just don't see the point in wasting time that could be spent doing something better when the thing you are putting off doesn't have to be finished for ages yet.

Using the same logic, one could just as well die tomorrow night. In which case tomorrow you have had to do double the work than if you had don't it today. Doing double the work the day you die, is a lot worse than doing half that on a day for which you survive!-Jamie Green