xisto Community
TiKiRoKhaN

What Is The Life Of A Star?

Have you ever been interested in w hat is the life of a star? What happens to it, no its not gonna always be black holes! Well im here to tell you ^^!

FYI-Not very good drawing ^^

Cant see image? ->http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

<< Click the link to see in full screen >>

As you see above, :P that is the life of a star. Now here's the description!

(Star Formation)

This is the cluster of helium clustering together, also known as "interstellar mass"

Over time it gather's up and gravity causes it to crush together forming a core.

(Main Sequence)

Over time, more and more gas and matter is added to the planet! (wee for the planet :P)

(Red Giant or Super Giant)

Now your probably wondering what this is, well its a star. Over time its used up alot of matter, but soon gravity is pushing on it, and due to the gravity being a stronger factor, the planet uses up more resources causing it to die quicker, but as a factor, it grows super huge. Like our sun maybe soon.

--------------

Now from here, the dying star has 2 paths depends on the mass + gravity of it.

--------------

Higher Mass path

(Supernova)

Due to all the pressure, and mass that has been left there, it soon implodes causing a huge invert of energy! Soon it has a explosion causing massive desruction around it...

---Path after Super Nova---

Black Hole

If whats left of it has massive gravity, and massive pressure, it causes a implosion of energy and it becomes a singularity (small thing) and forms a hole in spach of which massive gravity pulls in anything nearby.

Neutron Star

If whats left of the star didnt have enough energy, it forms a neutron star which stays in space but will never form anything else.

(---------------------------------------------)

Lower Mass

Now if the thing had lower mass, it would follow a lonely path.

(White Dwarf)

A dim star in space which is on its way to death, in space it would be impossible to see cause its so dark but it has only one way to go. It soon follows its path to black dwarf.

(Black Dwarf-AKA DEAD STAR)

This is a star which poses no threat or use. It is just a object in space.

I hope this is interesting. I remembered this all from a while ago ^^

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Due to different monitor resolutions viewing our forum, make sure your picture is no wider than 640pixels. Editing to fit the forum.

196604[/snapback]

all i care about is if we die, and why read the last page of a book because if you know how it turns out, it spoils the rest of the story for you

like thos harry potter shirts that tell what happens in the book and spoils the end of it , witch i hate and i wanna burn all thos shirts

The life of a star is a very intuitive and interesting topic, GJ! Im taking physics right now and this is what we are studying. Its amazing, the thing that intests me the most though is black holes.

As a body is crushed into a smaller and smaller volume, the gravitational attraction increases, and hence the escape velocity gets bigger. Things have to be thrown harder and harder to escape. Eventually a point is reached when even light, which travels at 186 thousand miles a second, is not travelling fast enough to escape. At this point, nothing can get out as nothing can travel faster than light. This is a black hole.

Light cant even escape, and I though light was the fastest, that means that there has to be somehting that moves faster than light and soon, that something* will be discovered hence a new discovery.

wow thats pretty cool. i am thinkin about studdyin stars. They have a astronmy class at my school and i am thinkin about takin it only because this all sounds super cool ^^

They have a astronmy class at my school and i am thinkin about takin it only because this all sounds super cool ^^

What do you mean by "thinking about taking it"? Is that USA school system? I dont know how that works, but over here (Bosnia) we dont have the option to choose subjects! Everybody studies everything :P

Can you elaborate on that a little bit more? Im interested in how does it work. Are there any classes you have to attend and some optional or what? Is that high school or college?

I heard that as the sun expands and starts to expel more gas the earth could actually be pushed farther out in its orbit because of increasing pressure from the stellar wind. This might protect the earth for a while longer from the sun because it won't get swallowed up as quickly. Does anyone know more about this?ciroxyz, you should start a new thread if you want to get those questions answered, otherwise you'll hijack this one. I'd be interested to see your thread!

lol, I thought that this topic was about movie stars and that's why it's getting so many page views, but then I didn't expect this...

yeah amazing how the popularity of science is still strong with todays youth, but let me know if i miss something, but a start can implode as well and create a black whole which mind you mercuty would be either sucked up or explode mind you i would go with the second one since mostly likley venus and earth would be sucked in and thus broken into peices, but im going for an astriod hitting earth then the sun exploding anytime soon.

but the question is though how is old is the actual sun we know its over 5 billions year olds since thats how old the earth is. of course i read that the suppose age of our unverse is 13.6 billion years you could say the sun is that old but here a little more information for you all.

All stars except the Sun appear to the human eye as shining points in the nighttime sky that twinkle because of the effect of the Earth's atmosphere. Interferometer telescopes are required in order to produce images of these objects. The Sun is also a star, but it is close enough to Earth to appear as a disk instead, and to provide daylight.
Stars are not spread uniformly across the universe, but are typically grouped into galaxies. A typical galaxy contains hundreds of billions of stars. The majority of stars are gravitationally bound to other stars, forming binary stars. Larger groups called star clusters also exist.

Astronomers estimate that there are at least 70 sextillion (7×1022) stars in the known universe [1]. That is 70 000 000 000 000 000 000 000, or 230 billion times as many as the 300 billion in our own Milky Way.

The nearest star to the Earth, apart from the Sun, is Proxima Centauri, which is 39.9 trillion kilometers, or 4.2 light years away (light from Proxima Centauri takes 4.2 years to reach Earth). Travelling at the orbit speed of the Space Shuttle (5 miles per second -- almost 30,000 kilometers per hour), it would take about 150,000 years to get there. Distances like this are typical inside galactic discs, where the Sun and Earth are located. Stars can be much closer to each other in the centres of galaxies and globular clusters, or much further apart in galactic halos.

so heres a little more information for you guys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star i came across this while posting here so i thought i add it in.
Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Wow the picture,omg the crappest picture in the world no offence but i did not get what you were trying to put on the picture. It didnt mean the slightest to me, i did not get the picture at all but hey you explained it and it sounds cool.

197828[/snapback]

I disagree... I actually think the drawing was even better than the info (which obviously was quite good). I also think that you shouldn't had over-written with your PC on the drawing...

Cheers dude!!! ;)

The sun wont explode, its far too small. Only stars with extreme mass woudl explode. the sun would just shrink into a Red dwarf, because it is far too small to explode.

Nice job and good job on sharing that with us..and taking the time to draw it up etc ;).lol even if the picture was messy and rubbish..well i still think it helped me understand it lol...so would that mean that the sun is going to have a chance to become a supernova ;)...LOL wow when you think of things like that its scary.

Something to add onto that. All main phase stars, such as the Sun, are constantly expanding. The problem is that the Sun is expanding and we're close to it. Eventually, the sun will get so big that Earth will get scorched into a crisp. Don't worry,though, this will occur in a few billion years. Yup, we're all gonna die!

196631[/snapback]

The sun doesn't expand,it is the Universe that is expanding how do you say that the Stars are expanding.A new born star is called a protostar and it keeps growing by accumulating dirts and gaseous particles available in the Universe.So it doesn't mean that they are expanding continuously.There is a limit for it Once the all the helium is consumed ,the star begins to wade out and eventually become a black hole after some process,So there is no need to worry about it. ;)

Posted Image

I've been gone for a long time ;o, im not meaning 2 revive a dead topic but I just wanted to say the most likely thing is that the sun will dry up the earth and radiate it, then it will just make the earth totally finished. Then the sun will keep expanding till the helium is gone.

Have you ever been interested in w hat is the life of a star? What happens to it, no its not gonna always be black holes! Well im here to tell you ^^!

(Supernova)

Due to all the pressure, and mass that has been left there, it soon implodes causing a huge invert of energy! Soon it has a explosion causing massive desruction around it...

---Path after Super Nova---

Black Hole

If whats left of it has massive gravity, and massive pressure, it causes a implosion of energy and it becomes a singularity (small thing) and forms a hole in spach of which massive gravity pulls in anything nearby.

Neutron Star

If whats left of the star didnt have enough energy, it forms a neutron star which stays in space but will never form anything else.

I would have to question this part you have,

YOu see a Stars Life never ends like this when it has higher mass

In the End, It either Forms a Black Hole, or a Nebula

When a star has a super nova, the energy Released literally

A. forms a black hole, sucking the energy into a massive machine

B. Forms a neutron Star, but the energy around it starts forming gas clouds of sorts, that start to clot, and clot, and clot, and clot unitl finally the energy forms another super nova, but this one, she borns a star, a fresh new one, a new life. With some of teh energy remained can from

A. Nothing it can just be a nothing

B. these energy balls can cool and turn gassy or rocky, and orbit the Sun, becoming a yippie, a planet!

the Higher Mass leads to new life, always. Either a Blakc Hole, or a Nebula

From Google : The term originally applied to any extended (ie, fuzzy, non-stellar) object in the sky. More recently, it is used to describe clouds of gas in space. Some nebulae are illuminated by nearby stars (bright nebulae), while others remain dark and are only seen if they obscure a brighter object (dark nebulae).

Nebulas are just a gathering of matter and gas and Black Holes are the gravitational inward pull to a singularity :). And no, it can be more then just a black hole like what I listed. And with the rest of your post seems really iffy ;o