xisto Community
anima

I Want To Build A Computer what to choose?

I'm going to build a new computer on the next week. That computer would be for Lineage2 Chronicles4 online server... So I don't know what to choose!1) I was wondering in processor AMD or Intel for a server... noise doesn't matter for me...2) What RAM I need to buy? RAM , RAMbus , DDR or DDR... My friends told me about DDR2 but I don't believe that it is ready to use now... Truth is that I'm scary to use it...3) About Motherboard I don't know anything... So please help what to choose?4) HDD - I think I'll take Baracuda5) Video card - I realy don't know do i need good video card for a server computer?So here are my questions please answer them because it is very important for me...

1) Intel dual Xeons, if you have the cash2) a couple gigs of ddr400 should be sufficient. DDR2 is ready to be used, it's not any less reliable, just more expensive.3) The best that you can afford.4) I guess you want a barracuda5) If this machine is for a server, you shouldn't need to buya graphic card. instead, use more of the money on ram, and the 2 processors will cost a lot. Prices? a xeon ranges from 200-900 dollars on the most part. ram=50-100 bucks a stick. the barracudas, SATA's @ 110 bucks each on many sites online. Motherboard can be 50 dollars (refurbished) to a couple hundred bucks. For the whole system it might be better and more reliable to buy a barebone rack (save some space) server off of some site...then buy the processors, memory, and harddrives. many support atleast 32gigs of ram, so you can upgrade as you go. the cost for your own build you own server probably a bit over 100 dollars. barebone racks are between 500-1000 dollars, and probably cost you another 400-600 dollars for the rest of the hardware. Anyways just some information on what you should get.

You could, with cheaper hardware of course. But really, you can also get dual pentium 4's for a lot cheaper, and they're pretty good. If it's just a private server, you don't need all the top notch stuff.

Hi. There is many ways to build computer depends on your budget.1. Cheapest. Buy everything include in a mainboard Seagate HDD /series ST.../ RAM choose DDR /have a look speed/2. Average Buy motherboard with extension stuff /except onboard stuff. , AGP slots, memory slots etc../ You need huge HDD. because works very fast./made by mentallyand pshically/ RAM of course. at least 512 mb. Check external devices.3. Buy tower station. or Big calculating server.

Well I'll sugget you that if you are going to buy a dual core processor....then go for AMD because Intel's dual processors are not at all good as compared to AMD's.

Secondly go for normal DDR dont go for DDR2....there is no diff. in speed and still DDR2 is expensive.

For motherboard I'll suggest you that ask the place where you are buying the best compatible motherboard ^_^

And as for as grahics card is concerned I think On-board grahics card would be enough because you are using you machine as a server.

Now most importantly, I'll give you one suggestion and that is go on this website....Tom's Hardware. This is mother of all hardware websites.......so read as much as you can and you'll come 2 know about each and everything.

1) Intel dual Xeons, if you have the cash

2) a couple gigs of ddr400 should be sufficient. DDR2 is ready to be used, it's not any less reliable, just more expensive.

3) The best that you can afford.

4) I guess you want a barracuda

5) If this machine is for a server, you shouldn't need to buya  graphic card. instead, use more of the money on ram, and the 2 processors will cost a lot.

Prices? a xeon ranges from 200-900 dollars on the most part. ram=50-100 bucks a stick. the barracudas, SATA's @ 110 bucks each on many sites online. Motherboard can be 50 dollars (refurbished) to a couple hundred bucks. For the whole system it might be better and more reliable to buy a barebone rack (save some space) server off of some site...then buy the processors, memory, and harddrives. many support atleast 32gigs of ram, so you can upgrade as you go. the cost for your own build you own server probably a bit over 100 dollars. barebone racks are between 500-1000 dollars, and probably cost you another 400-600 dollars for the rest of the hardware. Anyways just some information on what you should get.

196623[/snapback]

bare bone racks what are those???

are they tall racks like 10 ft tall or somtin with shelfs and *BLEEP* with a bass and a top???

cause i have one that i think my dads getting rid of if u need it?

barebone racks is just a single rack server (only 1...like one thin line on the rack of servers) that have some parts...like motherboard, sometimes some ram...but you have to buy adding components. some come with processors too.

I'm going to build a new computer on the next week. That computer would be for Lineage2 Chronicles4 online server... So I don't know what to choose!

1) I was wondering in processor AMD or Intel for a server... noise doesn't matter for me...

2) What RAM I need to buy? RAM , RAMbus , DDR or DDR... My friends told me about DDR2 but I don't believe that it is ready to use now... Truth is that I'm scary to use it...

3) About Motherboard I don't know anything... So please help what to choose?

4) HDD - I think I'll take Baracuda

5) Video card - I realy don't know do i need good video card for a server computer?

So here are my questions please answer them because it is very important for me...

196526[/snapback]

to be honest,It just depend on your cash

hehe ,you can be god if you have enough money

All depend on your budget. if you have money you can get a good computer but i would like you to stress on these thing:1)Very Good Processor2)DDR2 with good memory3)Large hard driveThe rest are not as important

Before i show you what i think is the best have a look at some buyers gudie i found:

Hard Disk Drives: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Video Cards: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Motherboards and processors: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Soundcard Speakers: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Have a good look at the buyers guide, and that might itslef give you the idea.

Ok here are the best specs i think you can buy, they are both for Value and Perfomance:

1) -- Processors

Value: Dual-Core AMD Processor: Opteron 165 CPU

Perfomance: Dual Core Intel Xeons 64bit (Best in the market at the moment)

2) -- RAM

Value/Perfomance: You cant really group rams into value and perfomance, all of the ones i know cost the same, it depends on where you buy it. If you buy it at your local store it will probabely differ from buying it at China Town. But Best i know owuld be to get a Motherborad which supports 4 DDR 2 Ram slots, and get 1Gig DDR2. If you do that then there is no need to wait for you computer to boot up, just turn it on, and it will load really, REALLY fast.

3) --Motherboards:

Value: Gigabyte - GA-K8N51GMF-9 Motherboard

Perfomance: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ HAve a look

Cheap: Gigabyte - GA-K8NE

4) --HDD - "Baracuda"?? You can get a Terraabyte HDD for 1000 Australian Bucks. You can chose any harddrive, just as long the company is reiable.

5) --Video card - Sapphire - Blizzard X1900 XTX