xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ZeroHawk

Steam

Steam. Apparently it's a game download (for pay) application created by Valve. I'm interested in buying Source (from the store) but my friend says you need steam and you have to activate it for a one-time fee? Is this true? And does steam come with CS:S?

steam doesnt come with anything, you can get an account for free, but you either need a CD-Key from the box that you bought a Valve game from or you buy a game off of steam. There are no fees in registering with steam, if you own the game, you can play it over steam WITHOUT paying anything. The only thing you will pay for with valve games is the actual game. Steam doesn't come with anygames, it is just a program to find servers for games you have and to buy games off of.

amhso told u everything, but he didn't say where u can get steam... Now, I am thinking and searching rules to see if it is allowed to post links, I hope it is... Anyway, it is a small file, something like 700 mb. Download it and update it after that... Then u can add games there... I don't know too much about creating shortcuts for ur games in steam, but I played with steam in netcafe... Anyway, here is a link where u can get it : http://store.steampowered.com/

U have in top right angle link for direct download...

Steam is the content delivery system of all Valve games. It allows users to get patches and stuff very easily. You can buy many different packs without ever needing to go to a store. For example, if you want Counter Strike Source, you can pay 20 dollars for it and download it and be ready to play. Very easy system. Some critisize it, but I think it's awesome.

Steam. Apparently it's a game download (for pay) application created by Valve. I'm interested in buying Source (from the store) but my friend says you need steam and you have to activate it for a one-time fee?  Is this true? And does steam come with CS:S?

196268[/snapback]

STEAM is basically a program that makes sure your CD-Key is legit. If you choose to buy the game of the shelf, you need to buy Half-Life 2. I don't know how exactly this would happen, but I think the box comes with STEAM. So you just install it, and make an account on STEAM.

You can also use a credit card to buy games that you would normally get on a shelf, except it is cheaper. You do that by install STEAM, using the link below, do all your geeting accounts stuff, and then go right click > Games > Store. You can browse around for many types of games available.

Hope this helps!

Its simple, follow these steps. You have broadband or a fast connection? And does your computer match or beat the specifications set by the game? If so go to the shop and purchase CS:S load the installation and register for the things that come up (steam etc) and wait for CS:S to update. Once finished run the game through steam and your good to go. Simple as that. One fee and thats the price you pay for the game.

I believe you also need the Steam client to log online and play against other players around the globe. Steam is pretty much manditory for multiplayer modes for both Half-Life, Half-Life 2 and their respective mods like Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, among others...

tbh steam is pretty alright apart from the fact that it keeps losing my favourite servers and the friends system is *BLEEP*ed up u can get some nice skins tho make it look pretty :) and it does what u need it for also is a change from the old halflife server selection thing urgh

Actually all you need is a cd key. Once you got this cd key - you have to activate it in Steam's database - by doing so you will have access to download counter strike source from steam's database directly. This usually takes around an hour for most people, however, if u have super internet (like me :) ) it will take around 10 min.its easy, simple and fast!

steam is a good program which is needed in order to play and install half-life2,half-life2 deathmatch,counter strike source and more games u can log in and chat 2 your friends online kill the chat all round just have fun realy all u need to do is make a steam account its free and its good so go join in and have fun with ur friends but make sure you have the game to

I don't like steam too much, there are always pop up windows coming up because of it and I don't like how they made it a stand alone application.

CC:S and Steam are giving me a headake!

Steam

Yeah I got a Question...I bought CC:S in my store...Originaly 12e

And...I started instaling...Finished..And I started Steam and hes doing some updete...Till 26%.And than it pops-up...Steam Client is temperly unavailble ply Try later...

I search one some forums...And got some G-Steam...Than I Created Account on It...Downlaoded the game again...And tryed to acctivate Product on Steam and he told me that I cant activate my producy on my This/my account...

And I Lunch the game it filtrers so many servers...And again...I enter...And he told me that this Steam Account Doesnt Own This game...

I mean *** what to do...Please Guy Help me ...I'm a CS addict :D

-reply by Petar Ninic