xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
grnjd

Need Help With Sharing

hey eveybody, i have a problem with file sharing. i want to know how to share files between my laptop and my desktop. my desktop is connected to my laptop with a wireless network. i can also connect it with a ethernet cable. so i just want to know how to share files. i made a network place call \\mycomputer\c\networkplace on my laptop. now i want my desktop to see this "networkplace" folder so i transfer files from my laptop to my desktop. my desktop can't see the folder for some reason. it worked like a week ago, but doesn't work anymore. :) and does anyone know how to share printers?

1. Make sure the network correctly
2. Try recreating the share.
3. Try mapping the drive of your laptop by using this code

net use Z: \\mycomputer\c$ "adminpass" /USER:Administrator
Change mycomputer, adminpass(retaining the qoute) to your configuration

Hi yhcln1,If all the advice above fails..then you can get a program called "CheckIT". It has a fast file transfer utility via parallel cable.Hope this is clearRGPHNX

hi, yhcln1, coz you dont have specific OS type and Version. so I have assume this is Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Alone you description, you computer shared folder worked before and then fails. it's might be some system setting has changed.you may try this to repair that. have a administrator right ==> start menu ==> run ==> mmc==> file menu ==>add snap-ins ==> security templates and security configuration & analyis,then, 1.) expand the security template, looking for the setup security and it path, memory it .2.) right-click the configuration & analyis, choose open database and directory location where will be stored the analyis database and result log file.3.) a dialog will prompt you choose template location which is noted in step (1)4.) after step(3), you will return. now. right-click the configuration & analyis items again, then select configure computer now.that it.you system now have initial setting when you have just installed.you may also need to adjust it if you have made change (i.e. take simple shared off if it is windows xp)and try the methods stated by other forum members-hope this help-Eric