xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hotdog55

How Do I Get Past Rm Saftey Net? how

I think it's a service that blocks "bad" sites on your isp...
You should use a proxy...You can configure to proxy all of your www transmitions by using a proxy and a port at http://aliveproxy.com/
NOTE: Greatly affects your speed.

OR if you only come across it once in a while you can use a web based proxy.
(Proxy's work like...Your Computer>Your Isp>Proxy Computer>Internet

I'd suggest....

http://w3privacy.com/ (Fast, based in Germany)
http://secure-tunnel.com/ (I used to use it before I found w3privacy...)

I hope this was what you were asking, because I wrote all of that! :)

By RM do you mean the useless computer company that provides cheap computers to schools, colleges, universities and government offices?

If so then I don't think there is a way round it, short of yanking out the network cable to stop the privelages being applied, but I won't go any further with this as it is a bad idea and can land you in a lot of trouble.

You can always use BabelFish and convert the site from Portuguese to English, it normally works.

How do we get pass it in school?

How Do I Get Past Rm Saftey Net?

Replying to Trap FeedBacker

Heh, I'm trying to get onto a bunch of websites but they've been blocked. I have used the websites that you have suggested but they don't work. Help please.

-reply by Matt

Replying to hotdog55Well In my school people have found afew ways past it. (but they have now been fixed.I don't fully know this one as I only found it out just before it was fixed. Google "what's my IP address" and go on a site which will give you your IP. Then you have to type in you Ip in the adress bar. I don't know if there is anything else you need to do as I never tested it but lots of my friends used it and it worked fine. Please note this was only on XP not vista so that might effect it.They fixed it by filtering all the IP addresses.-------------------------------This second method get's rid of the "teacher viewing screen" where they can watch you. Go onto ms word and type afew letters. Then press cntrl alt delete and log off. Now the "do you want to save changes" box will come up. Press cancel. Now if it has worked the system will see you as logged off but you won't be. Teachers will see you as logged off and usually don't question it. (althought hey started getting suspicious how every time I was in IT my I was seen as logged off.They fixed this by stopping the internet working whenever you clicked log off. So it still works, but not withy the internet.-reply by Henry

Have a memory stick handy.

Make a shortcut to a .Cpl file:

sysdm.Cpl

appwiz.Cpl

firewall.Cpl

inetcpl.Cpl

wscui.Cpl

nusrmgr.Cpl

sysdm.Cpl

Depending on if this works, if it does right click and click run as, then click ok. Well this works at our school and with one the above we can chage our proxy from the students (blocked) to the teachers (unblocked.)