xisto Community
HabGrill

One Christmas Computer My Wish This Year

This Is A Poem I Wrote To MY Parents Because I Want A New PC :)!Its Called One Christmas Computer ! Duh ;)[Warning: Very Very Very Long I Had It Written Down On Microsoft Word ;) So Be Cool With This Poem Its MY Very First!]Here It Is !!!! :)One winter morningI was asked by my dad,"What do you want for Christmas,Young Thad?"My answer was quick:"I want a computer.Not just any computer.No, I want a root-tooter!I want a ZBN 23,No ripoffs. No scrapple.No cheap imitations,No lemons. No apples."I want a fast computer;One so fast and flitFour mathematicians, in 400 yearsCouldn't do as much as it."I'll need an IGA graphics card;Everyone knows graphics means games.An IGA has 2 billion colorsMost of which don't even have names."Of course I'll need a modem--The biggest, baudest modem around--So I can call all the local computersAnd make that BEEP-whirr sort of sound.Oh! The boards I can call up!Oh, the computers I can walk through!I think you need another phone lineSo you get a chance to talk too."Wait a minute! I forgot!I'll need software too!Hardware without software,It just wouldn't do!I'll need a word processor, for processing words.I'll need a third processor, for processing thirds.I'll need a spreadsheet. I'll need a tax program.I'll need Super Paint. I'll need VAX-o'gram.I'll want games in which you get to drop blocks.I'll want games where you get to shoot spaceships in socks."And I'll need a big hard drive to fit all my programs,A very big hard drive. With hundreds of megograms."Oh yes! And a printer!A Laserjet printer--A 668 color Laserjet printer!So I can print pretty picturesIn all colors throughIndigo-indigo-purplish-blue."And a full page scannerSo my computer can read.And that's all the computerThat I'll ever need!"Except...What of a joystick?How can I liveWithout a big joystick?I can't play all my games on the keyboard,Why it wouldn't be right!You wouldn't want all of my friends to think that you're tight!"So a joystick. And mouse.And a speech synthesizer.And so I can talk back:A speech recognizer."Oh, how my friends will like my machine!When they see it they're sure to turn green!They'll come over for hours to play all my games,And see all my colors that don't even have names."But there's only one computerAnd there's lots of us.How can we all playAnd not make a fuss?I'll need terminalsThat will connect us all throughTo the main computer(I'll need cables too)."Now the ZBN 23Has RAM interriminable.But not quite enough RAMTo keep track of ten terminals.I'll need a step up--A supercomputer."A ZBN Bloober-Supercomputer!And a staff of techniciansTo make sure it keeps working.And a staff of debuggersFor any bugs that start lurking."An account on the HinternetSo everyone on the planetCan call my computer(Please, don't ask me to can it)."There's just one more thing:A Multi-User Confuser!It's a kind of a gameThat can be played by dozens of losers."So that's what I want.I'm not asking much.Why, Brad down the streetHas a computer that that wouldn't touch!

Wow. That is nice...funny too. No...it's not a long poem. I've seen poems that are 10 pages long. Now THOSE are long.

hey, that's a nice long poem. It may not get you very far in the way that computers are concerned, but hey, it certainly proves that you have an extra-ordinary talent in the field of English/Poetry.I can't even write a poem that's as good as that.Keep the poems coming, was a great poem to read :P (well, i thought so anyway :P )