xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kservice

Looking For:: Above Average Game

Recently, the pc games i been playing seem to be dulling out. Im looking for a game that stands out above the rest. For example, i have played Operation Flashpoint since 2001. OFP was a great game, but ive seen pretty much everything that game has to offer, except multiplayer aspects because ive been sentenced to dial up until i move somewhere civilized. I was just wondering if anybody has a game that they play, or have played at one time, that they thought or think was just the best damn game in the world. Ive had a little extra money recently and went into wal-mart and chanced at some games that looked interesting. All of them sucked, from sid meirers pirates to half-life 2. I guess these games didnt totally suck they just didnt appeal to me. FPSs with a non linear storyline campaign, no matter how long, and multiplayer dont cut it. Ill stop babbling. Any recommendations?i pretty much like all sorts of games (rpgs,fps,rts,sims,strat)I will recommend the game Mount & Blade. This one came up on some download site a couple weeks ago in my search for bigger and better games. Its currently in beta, but its a fun game worth the dl. The Full version can be purchased for $12. Thats a good deal because the full version will be more expensive, and that 12 dollar serial will work for the full ver.the website is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I would suggest Battlefield 2

It's much like the battlefield series except the weapons are much funner and the graphics much better. The game was meant to be multiplayer, which you need a fast connection to play on....

You get to be either USMC,People's Liberation Army of China, MEC(Middle East Coalition). It's pretty good, each army has different weapons and you have rankings. Play more and you get better rankings, better rankings more chance to be commander and weapon unlocks.

The only bad thing is that You need a fast computer to play, or else it wouldn't be too much fun...

If you buy it, or have it...See you on the battelfield!! <<-Onishh :)

I've just got the new Sims 2 expansion pack, Nightlife, and I strongly recommend it. It adds some great new features and you can literally spend hours designing the perfect home for your Sims, and the perfect Sims!I also recommend the new Rollercoaster Tycoon game. Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to play it yet, but I have only heard good things about it, and the videos of the game show great graphics.Both are simulation/building games but I like them as you can spend hours in a different world.

If you're into RTS games, you might consider trying Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War. It's quite good, and is rather fast-paced as well. If you're looking for a really deep RTS, Act of War: Direct Action is good. If you want replayability, WarCraft III is excellent (mainly because of the World Editor, which allows a variety of mods to be created; the trick though is that they are not mods but single maps; this makes for a game with which you have millions of excellent mods at your fingertips).Battlefield 2 is my personal favorite FPS atm.

Half Life 2, game of the year. Counter Strike, all the steam games, source, DoD, everything. You haven't lived a gamer's life until you've played those.

I know what you mean when you say games are getting a bit dull. It's the fact that they aren't too challenging but there are a few goods one that have to be played.
I'm sure a good RPG will keep you occupied for a while. I don't really play singleplayer ones but Morrowwind, Fallout 1/2, Baulders Gate 1/2, Planescape Torment. I'm sure there are other great ones.
FPS you are sort of limited if you want a truly great game but I would recommend the original Half-Life (so much better than the sequel). Far Cry because it looks beautiful and has an interesting storyline and is sure to challenge you. Deus Ex, mixture of RPG/FPS, quite old but still excellent game, has plenty of content. System Shock 2, another old one but still good. Only problem is I can't get mine to work under Windows XP.
I'm currently playing GTA San Andreas which doesn't seem to hard, missions wise, but if you want to get 100% complete rating then you will be playing for hours. And the freedom will keep you going back constantly, even if it is just for a short blast.
Once you do get a steady net connection then maybe you should go for and MMOG. I'm currently playing EVE Online but if you want to be boring and go for more traditional elves and bearded people stuff then I guess Everquest or WoW is where to stop.

hmm.... i am really absorbed by halo 2 right now... have been and will be... half-life 2 rules and if u dont like that... id suggest an expansion to hl2... counterstrike: source... battlefeild is also a great game... unfortunately... these games take good internet... so.. heres some games that i love that are offline... morrowind definitely... final fantasy... dungeon and dragons (ull have to find some people because the real one is way better...). rts's are awesome.. and they dont really require good internet... i think... i know starcraft doesnt really require good internet... but heres some rts's that i like... starcraft, age of empires/mythology, star wars battlegrounds... thats about it... i suggest that u get some new internet because its a gamers DUTY to have it... its just really hard to game without highspeed nowadays... sry...

sry for double posting everyone but i didnt know how to edit my post... anyway... if ur tired of gaming... u can always make ur own games or create something... graphics, 3d models, programming, etc. if u want to do something like that... i HIGHLY suggest that u get hl2 for the incredible source engine... *drools...* it was created so that people can easily mod... just get hl2 and d/l the sdk (source development kit)... if u dont feel like making anything... i still suggest this because its a GREAT game... it will last u HOURS because not only is hl2 awesome... u have counterstrike: source which is awesome too and has AI bots... and IF u get bored of those... u can always check out other mods that people are making... gary's mod is cool to expirement with the source engine...

One of the games I would recommend for everyone is Mafia. This game was released about 3 years ago... but it still has features of the bestgame of the year which is worth to play. As for some of the major aspects of the game, it has very bright and detailed graphics, variety of characters and very interesting plot. Physical part of the game is pretty good too, there elements of objects interactions and more. Trust me, if you start playing the game and you pass couple of missions, nothing will stop you from beating the game till the end ^_^

Look no more, and get Civilization IV!!! I think its the most complete strategy game that has ever existed. Its like if they combined an rpg game with a strategy game. Ive been playing the Civilization series since Civilization II, and all I can say about it is that it is the most addictive game that I have ever played. You will never get bored with it. But beware because youll end up quiting lots of things you can do for playing this game.