xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ElBandoneonWEbsite

Has Anyone Used Norton Ghost?

A friend of mine said that you can create a back up copy of your computer in using Norton Ghost, using just a cd, if the computer crashes you just put the cd in and back to normal, but well I bought Norton Systemworks 2004 and it came with Ghost, didn't even know I had it, but well now I know I have it, so well got the computer cleaned of viruses, and other things, made a system restore, and then used Ghost, but it was just a waste of a cd, didn't even burn 1% of the files in the computer and the cd was fulll, su I just stopped the prosess, and started reading, but man it was alot to read...So if anyone know if this is possible, just reply here an dif you have a link with a tutorial or something that'd be great.

i have used ghost before and what i can sayis that it IS good and works wonderfully.you really should invest the extra time to readthoroughly about using it because after thatyou really will be glad you have ghost ifyour comp ever crashes or gets badly corrupted.as an indication, my 1 GB data on HD fit easilyon a single CD and restores to HD in a mere 5 mins.compare that to the 1 week it took me to individually installall the various apps and drivers to reach that 1GB !!

I have used Norton Ghost for a long time now. I think reinstalling Windows 98SE, which I use for watching Divx and Xvid movies, is very unpleasant task. So I use my Image file of Windows 98 which I burned on CD-R. So I takes me about 3 minutes to reinstall my Windows. I am working now also with Norton Ghost 2003 which can be used for Windows XP in same manner.I guess Norton Ghost is very useful program for backuping your harddrives, operating system or whatevery u have on your harddisk.

Hi, well I read everything and well now I kinda know what to do, but the thing is that I have a lot of scape used on my C drive, so if I try to burn it to a cd it won't I need like 10 cds to do that. So what should I do? Because like everyone I just hate it when the computer crashes and then you have to seat on the computer for hours and the computer still doesn't work like it used to.

I use norton ghost.What I need to say , it is fast and BEST way to backup your files.My backup , windows xp , some programs and internet connection are ~720 MB.If you need good backup program , use ghost.