xisto Community
thebluekirby

Mouses Or Mice?

Mouses or Mice?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, I found this topic pretty interesting. Has anyone noticed? Some people use the plural term of mouse "mouses", but some people use "mice". I have no clue what term I use because I rarely use that word, but which one do you guys think sounds more correct? Google says it's both XD.

For me I prefer to use mouses simply because computer mouse is different from animal mouse which becomes mice in its plural form, but for computer mouse it is convenient to use mouses so that difference is noticed this way too. But who cares, both may be used too.

The correct plural term for mouse is mice. If you use mouses, you are incorrect. And if you put mouses on an essay or some writing assignment for school, you will get it incorrect, losing some points on it. Use mice for it. And you can say/use mice when talking about more than one computer mouse. But if you want to say it that way, fine by me.

This brings me back to di and dice. But, yes the correct plural way of mouse is mice.

I dont really know about me which i prefer mice because for me it sounds better but then again i dont really ever have the need to say mice or mouses. After reading some of the replys i would also say that its good to say mouses for compter related mouse stuff and mice for animals.

I can't bring myself to say "mouses"... It's just grammatically wrong *shudder*. So yeah I say 'mice', and if the situation requires precision I'll say "computer mice". There's no ambiguity that way.

It all depends on the usage for me. If you are talking about a computer mouse, then the proper term for several of them would be, mouses. I have ten computer mouses. I have mice in my house. See the difference. If you want to be picky, then mice is fine for either one. But I don't like to use mouses for the animal, it sounds like a two year old. But clearly a fascinating topic I agree :)

for me if I'm talking about a mouse as in rodent I say mice. But, that confuses people so, if I'm refuring to a computer I say mouses...but, lol I suppose I've only said it like twice in my life so..funny thing to ask.Emma! :)

I think that it should be mouses if your talking about computers and mice if your talking about the living thing. But hey, It's just my opinion. I could be wrong. It looks looks like everyone thinks it should Mice.

This is by far one of the strangest threads I've ever seen at Xisto. Can anyone provide an example for me where it would be confusing to say "mice" instead of "mouses"? I mean, as an object, what relevant adjectives and verbs would ever be similar? My mice are broken -- unless you're wondering if this is a joke I can't see how you would confuse a malfunctioning .pointing device. with, I guess, a sick pet.My mice escaped -- um, yeah. My mice are furry -- okay, now that's a good idea ^_^Long live the trap!

I think that it should be mouses if your talking about computers and mice if your talking about the living thing. But hey, It's just my opinion. I could be wrong. It looks looks like everyone thinks it should Mice.

198955[/snapback]

can you justify it? :lol:

Cause I think you seem little reasonable.

Because all I have seen -ice are for living thing : ) like spice, Lice,

But blouse is stated as blouses. ^_^ Am I right?

Up until now I have never heard of anyone say the word 'mouses'. I do recall mouse's (for computer) and mouse is, but never 'mouses'. I use the word mice, I guess it's because I was taught that way and that mouses is incorrect. Was my grade one teacher not teaching me right?Canadians have different words then the states so it could be different in that sense, of course it could be my teachers fault I never learned it. I'll look it up in the dictionary later on to verify it for my own curiousity.