xisto Community
kevlar557

Ok, There Is This Girl That I Like... But, there is a few problems...

Ok, this girl moved to our school a while back, and she has been one of the "popular" kids in our school. Back last year, we started talking a little bit, and know each well. I would really like to ask her out, but there is a few things that will hinder my success.

1. A couple knew that I liked her last year, and they told other people, and it goes into the "rumor machine", and now, everyone says that I was obsessed with her, including a few of her friends, so she probally thinks I'm a freak, or a stalker.

2. I'm not really the most out-going type. I'm rather shy, and I don't have that much experience with women, except Here, which if you read it, you'll understand why. But, I really don't what to say, or even how to approach her.

3. She is one of the more popular people in the school. I'm a geeky school computer tech that doesn't even get paid, and that doesn't have a drivers license. I'm also not looking like Tom Cruise, or one of those carpenters on those fix-em-up shows.

I would really like to ask her out, but I'm clueless right now, which is why I'm asking for help from all of the experts out there on Xisto's forms.

Hey Kevlar, it's not very surprising how many people on here seem to be so shy, yet so incredably brite and computer savvy. You say that when she first showed up, you got to know her pretty well. There must have been something there that interested her in the first place. Her status may have changed since then, but she's still the same girl, hopefully. If she gave you the time of day then, is it so hard to believe that she wouldn't now? Try the friendship route, and see if there could be more, @ least you'll find out if she's interested in someone else first. But more importantly, she'll get to know you and possibly see something she likes. Good luck man.

Try this:You:"Hi, can I ask you a quick question?"She:"Yes"You:"Are you single?"She:"yea, why?"You:"I know someone who might like you if you are more then just a pretty face."She:"Really? Could it be you maybe?"You (look at her with Marlon Brando look on your face):"Maybe"You:take out a piece of paper (or a cell phone):"What's your # and when is a good time to call you?"Also ask:"Is this the number you acctually answer?"Wish her good day and go home!p.s. Dont loose your composure whatever happens! Be cool!If she rejects you, give her and slight smile and walk away. Dont push it!

When you get her phone number, you can get to the next step which is, calling her and setting up a date.If you have an urge to rush into things and want a date imidiately, you are free to try asking her that (report with responses) right there. Anyway, while on the phone...got to go. Keep me posted and ask if you need more info later

NO, that's just to rushy... Give her the time. DON'T PUST IT. Be yourself. Don't be the computer freak though. And indeed, as said before, I think the friendship route would be a good way to try it. And if she rejects you, then she's not worth you, if she really likes you (and you don't have to be the six-pack-superman) then she won't reject you.Good luck.

Ok, I just realised that I forgot a few things.1. We are both in the drama club at my school, and we were in the same play last year. One of the days before practice, I casually asked her if she would like to go and get a bite to eat. She said yes, and that I should meet her at her locker after school. Well, the end of the day came along, and she never showed up at her locker. I had a friend who said that she was looking for me, but I also told her that it took a while to get to the other end of the school(freaking little 7th graders). Anyway, I didn't really know how to take this, so I just left well enough alone.2.SHe is more of the quiet type, meaning that she isn't very talkative when trying to start a conversation, as am I. It's really hard for me to start a conversation, and keep it going at the same time.OoOo, did I also mention that she is a cheerleader, and that people constantly hit on her any time of the day?Thanks in advance!

Listen to ciroxyz .. good stuff . you know what you are talking about B)here's my personal adaptation:You:"Hi, can I ask you a quick question?"She:"Yes"You: do you have a bf .. and do you want a better one? Answer the second question firstShe: *giggles* You:"I know someone who might be interested you if you are more then just a pretty face."She:"Really? Could it be you maybe?"You (look at her with Marlon Brando look on your face):"Maybe .. i have to go .. but give me your number.. and if you are lucky i'll call you"HMM.. i dont really like short approaches. i prefer a more 5-10min .. then number.. this is like a 2min routine..useful when you are in line for something.. as in.. buying popcorn for a movie with the girlfriend or something B)

As I consider myself in (oddly) the same situation as youself (with minor details changed, of course), I wouldn't suggest the first words out of your mouth to be something along the lines of "Are you single?" unless you can suddenly rack up enough self-confidence to not be utterly nervous (which I know I couldn't do). Friendship seems the best route possible, especially if the both of you were in drama together and talked before she became popular. She may be in the center of the social world now, but she most likely still holds the same interests as before.

Well if shes talking to you there must be something there. Hoe do you know if she thibks that you are a freak it was only a rumour- well thats what people will think about that and it doesnt matter how you look it is more about you and your quality as a BF

Lets say this happens, you are watching her cheerlead and she finishes and you go up to her or she comes to you you say#

YOU Hi you were really good up der

Her Oh thanks, its nice to here that from at someone like you

YOU What do you mean someone like me?

Her Someone who looks at someone more than just looks

YOU Oh for real. Its my pleasure. Would i sound like any of the other guys if i ask for your number so i can fill you in about why the letters i and u should be next to each other in the alphabet?

Her Erm.. well yeah i would like that too

And there you are

I'm no expet with girls either but you more or less reminds me of myself. I'll give u a quick pice of advice: Girls like boys who actually show the guts to come and ask her out instead of playing the shy kid. So you must have the backbone to go and ask her in a neutral manner that you wont be too excited if she accepts nor too depressed if she rejects. GO out there and catch that girl dude! Good Luck from another geek.

Have you talked to her at all since you got sort of branded a freak and a stalker? Maybe she doesn't think that of you at all. In which case, things probably aren't as bad as you think. Keep talking to her, and then if things don't get any worse, and she doesn't ignore you or tell you to get away from her, you could possibly ask her if she wants to meet up with you to eat or something. I wouldn't suggest asking her straight out if she's single, because that would most likely just scare her off, but starting out with a compliment's always good.And if you're worried about not knowing what to say when you finally end up on a date with her, ask her about herself. Most people do like to talk about themselves, so ask her how her day was, or ask her about her favorite things to do, or about the most fun thing she's done, or, if it's near her birthday or christmas, what the best gift she's ever gotten is. Then, when you're listening, or waiting for a reply, don't freak if she just answers in monosyllables, and don't ask her another question about herself. That could really make her think you're a stalker or something. You could try telling her your answer to the question you just asked, but keep it short and change the subject to something else. Since you're both in drama, maybe you could talk about a play or something. Keep things light, and remember that if she actually agreed to go on a date with you, she obviously kinda likes you already. You no longer have to concentrate on impressing her, but work more on trying to make sure you both have a good time.Good luck!