xisto Community
nicky1

What Program Do You Use To Design Your Web? has another good than dreamweaver ?

I'm using Dreamweaver and Flash, for creating site, and for picuter, i use Photoshop, Gimp, Kool Movies and some flash programs. I think that flash is the best for creating website, but only if you know work in it, if you dont know, you can start with Frontpage....

Well, if you pay the $300 for DW, use it. However, if you're running off the trial, or have a pirated version, don't worry about switching to a new program, because either way, you won't be out any money.I do agree that the usability of a site is very important, but if it's not coded right, the site might be broken in some browsers, which is why it's nice to be able to code aswell as design.

I use FrontPage for some easy formatting onthe fly but most of the time I use DreamWeaver, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Flash, Swish etc.I use FireFox and IE to preview. And I use Xampp for local Apache+MySQL server to test on my web.I hate to use notepad... doesn't mean I dont understand html coding... its just waste of time to go through codes when u can save lots by graphically designing them.I got a special SuperNotepad which allows to collapse group of html codes that eliminates hassle and makes it easy to look at the code with more in depth clear view. Lets u be less jammed with much mess of codes around ur eyes...And yes Frontpage most of the time makes it all mess... it has few good features its always better if you can use DW

Namo WebEditor 6.0 is absolutely my favorite web page making program. It makes it easy to create beautiful web pages with its Site Wizard. Once you start, you can name your site, its pages, and how they are organized. After choosing from about 100 gorgeous templates, it creates your site within seconds. All you have to do is fill it with content. Once its done, it's publisher option which stores your FTP names and passwords from all different sites with your permission so that you just select the right site, select the pages, and voila, your web site is online.It even lets you change the template without harming content later on.Problem? Its about $600.

I use mostly dreamweaver and some BBedit for the coding.I use Fireworks and Illustrator mostly and Photoshop rarelyI use Fetch for my FTP.I test my browser on Camino, Firefox, Safari , Opera, Netscape, IE 5, 6, and 7.I build my sites on a Mac OS X, but i have Windows XP Sony VAIO laptop.There, those are my specs!

Wow - sure seems like Notepad is popular. I have to admit I've never used it, though I might have to give it a go since it seems so popular. I really liked Coffee Cup, but my free trial ran out so I've since switched over to the totally free, "html kit." Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done. Keep it simple, I say. As one who's technically challenged, I don't imagine I'd do very well with something as complex as Dreamweaver. So many bells and whistles in that giant I'd probably end up pulling my hair out (and that's a lot of hair). I used an open source web theme anyway, so most of the hard stuff was out of the way. Speaking of, check out this site for tons of open source themes: http://www.oswd.org/

I am using Dreamweaver and a little flash. If you can learn these to programs then you can make a very good site. If you become very experienced with them there is tons of great things you can do to your site to make it amazing.

I use Photoshop CS3 to design the website and to slice it. Once sliced I code it on DreamWeaver. Much better to code it yourself rather then using the PS's saved .html file.

I think i've seen this topic before but I use:notepad
photoshop
You can make awesome site using just paint but it takes time and some artistic knowleadge.

The only way Paint would work is if you built it pixel by pixel, and even then, it may still be blurry.

I for one use editPlus and Photoshop.

I use Notepad and The Gimp (free graphics software). The only real limitations that I have are my HTML skills. They stink! *grins*But honestly? I would rather create a very basic, simple Web site and know that I understand the coding and whatnot behind it...than use a WYSIWYG editor and be clueless about how the thing puts my elements together. I'm not saying that nobody should use these editors...I'm just saying that I prefer to do things the hard way :P

I use Notepad and The Gimp (free graphics software). The only real limitations that I have are my HTML skills. They stink! *grins*
But honestly? I would rather create a very basic, simple Web site and know that I understand the coding and whatnot behind it...than use a WYSIWYG editor and be clueless about how the thing puts my elements together.

I'm not saying that nobody should use these editors...I'm just saying that I prefer to do things the hard way :P

Golf Clap

I use photoshop and paintshop pro for designs and graphics. And then i use dreamweaver for coding. But I use to have a program that will allow you just to type what your desired info is, and you choose a design and will make a animated splash page for you. There are also web page design programs like that too, but it is required to pay. I've only used demos so I cant say how good the whole program is. Hopefully this will help you!