xisto Community
nicky1

What Program Do You Use To Design Your Web? has another good than dreamweaver ?

I has use a lot all of macromedia suit like Dreamweaver ultradev4 , 4 , mx , mx2004. Is there another good program to design website than macromedia dreamweaver? I just want to try other software may be I will get a new idea and effect for my site.PS. don't try 2 answer microsoft frontpage hehehe :rolleyes:

I use a a variety of programs. I always use Dreamweaver for my coding. I use Flash and Photoshop all the time though. Even when i'm not making a template, i still use them. I love creating new thingsin photoshop. Everytime you go into that program and fool aorund, you always get something new. I love it!

Exactly! It's so fun to mess around with images and colors and make something fun! Right, back on topic! I use notepad, Photoshop, fireworks, flash (although I'm not really very good), and Dreamweaver to make my sites. While Dreamweaver is very easy to use, I still think you should be able to code by hand as well. So I frequently switch between design and code views to edit my page and fine-tune everything.

I use notepad, Tidy (auto-cleans your html code so its w3c compliant), gimp (open-source version of photoshop) and 3 different browsers (IE, firefox and opera) to see if the website looks the same on all three.

I really recommend Tidy to design ur website, it really speeds up my work. I got my site w3c compliant within 5 minutes with it.

here's a link:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I use 1stpage and photoshop for images. i like 1stpage because i can select some html codes from the menus when i can't remember them...i have used notepad but i had to search for some codes which i didn't remember...but i like 1stpage and it's good in my opinion :rolleyes:

I'm using GoLive (for easy css and creating templates), PhotoShop and notepad. I've also used 1st page for a while but switched back to notepad later.But here's another interesting question that (in my opinion) suits in here: Do you check you're carefully (?) created website in all the internet browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari etc)? I don't, but if I come across a computer with a different browser than IE, I probably would check it.

to be honest i don't think u need anything other than photoshop, dreamweaver, and flash...

can some of you tell me what are good programs preferably free and good for starters?

hm.. im not sure of any free ones (well notepad is free... it comes wiht ur comp, lol) but i think ur better off getting a proper one - dreamweaver...

i use frontpage and notepad, although sometimes it doesn't look okay when i upload it. :) does anybody know where i can download dreamweaver?