xisto Community
mzwebfreak

Myspace.com who has it, likes, dislikes, etc.

I have a couple of profiles on this site, one being my personal one and one more toned for my professionalness as a dancer/adult film actress. What does everyone here think of myspace.com? Good? Bad? Indifferent? I think it's great considering that, for my personal profile as to trying to find other chicks to just be friends with (since, in my line of work, that's null unto void) and I seem to be doing okay. However, on both my personal and professional profiles, I seem to have a ton of single guys who don't know how to read. (That seems to be an epidemic, since I have that same problem with my yahoo IM profiles...go figure!) Anyways, I'll have in my personal profile that I am not going to add any single guys since I am there, in that profile's capacity, only to meet other chicks to be friends with, and I'm constantly getting annoying little boys wanting to be my friend. What gives? Anyways, sorry, didn't mean to try and turn this into a rant/vent, but what do ya think about it?

Myscape dot com is supposed to be a place of fun, I mean real fun; but it turn out to be a mess. The site looks dirty and mess up. I like the original idea but almost nude pictures around I don't think people wanted to reveal their personality properly. What are those almost nude pictures have to do with? Its invading the space with those pictures. I personally feel the admin should moderate all users so that it can truly be a place of fun... as of now I decided not to visit again... hehe

i agree. at first, i was using it, and friendster to have access to my friends. but now, i rarely open it. i think i even forgot my account and password. i think it became messy and hard to view. friendster became a bit ok, sometimes has bugs but, its ok. the css style is better and easier to follow. more pics to put, but still the informations are direct to the point, simple and easier to browse. it has more features right now... and looks more personal. but anyways, i rarely open my account there since its not allowed in our office. lolz. but i check it from time to time..

yeah!! i agree with dragonfly, i used to like myspace.com, my band actually still on it. But the original idea has got LOST. The thing is that is plenty of spammers and lots of fake or at least very unreal profiles. That in someway really made me a bit dissapointed. Anyway, I've met a few really good bands and musicians around the world that really deserve the chance to be listened.Go check my band's profile if you want so.... https://myspace.com/browser;:)

Almost nude pictures?? I think they cleaned up on that because I have yet to find a nude pic in any of the many profiles of my friends. I think the admin for the site now approve any and all pics put into profiles. Messy and hard to use??? As far as I can tell, it's pretty easy to navigate the links all at the top on every page...maybe they've changed since you were there last. As for spammers and fakes, well, you deal with them with any situation where profiles are involved, i.e. yahoo. I mean, there's this one yahoo profile that's using a very well known pic from me and my boyfriend's profile- but it's not OUR profile, if you get my meaning. It happens, life sucks, but I still think you can meet some pretty cool people on there. Okay, done with my two cents.

I've become hooked on myspace lately, I don't really know why. I don't know how "real" it all is though... I'm still waiting on "Taco Bell" to accept me as a friend. I've found a few people that I went to high school with, that's kind of cool.I originally got my profile there to have a place to put up my joke weblog (that my real friends have now discovered and believe... :) ) and to put a link to my website, because you can never have enough links to your site out there.

Myspace is a trendy way to facilitate online dating and cybersex with people you generally know but wouldn't talk to in person. You can do searches for people based on interests, location, school, etc., browse through their photo albums, view all sorts of wonderful personal information, and get a glimpse at who they consider their "friends." Some have blog features, some have media playing...It's basically a teenager's life transmitted into their own personal webspace.I like how when someone posts the first comment on someone else's Myspace, they refer to it as taking their "comment virginity." Gimme a break.Facebook is pretty much the same thing, except it's for big, mature college students

Myspace is a trendy way to facilitate online dating and cybersex with people you generally know but wouldn't talk to in person. You can do searches for people based on interests, location, school, etc., browse through their photo albums, view all sorts of wonderful personal information, and get a glimpse at who they consider their "friends." Some have blog features, some have media playing...It's basically a teenager's life transmitted into their own personal webspace.

I like how when someone posts the first comment on someone else's Myspace, they refer to it as taking their "comment virginity." Gimme a break.

Facebook is pretty much the same thing, except it's for big, mature college students

70701[/snapback]

i used to kind of go on myspace sometimes. It's just a huge waste of time. All you do is type to your friends, make blog posts on a crappy blog generator, and post updates on your life and crap. It sucks.