xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
IHax

Macromedia Dreamweaver

I mess around with it alot at school, and i cant seem to get the tables to move where i want them too, just to the 3 options, Center, Right and left, Im really getting mad at this, because I want to make a nice layout, but tables wont move where I need them too,so i need some help if anyone cant post here. Another thing is, it worth getting that for making layouts?Its like 500 dollars and Im not gunna waste it.. And can tables be expandable without the template going to hell? Please help me out a bit here...Thanks

If you wnat to "Drag and Drop" then use something like geocities web builder, if you wnat to design sites properly, use Dreamweaver.To alight things properly, there are a few ways, the easiest being to make a table with the cells arranged how you wnat the site to be. set teh vertical and horizontal alignments of te cells, and incert other tables inside the cells.

if you don't like dreamweaver, then use frontpage since it more user friendly. Its also helpful if you get a guide book on how you use these software. Take more graphing/imaging/webbuilder class in highschool.

if you wnat to make web-standard sites, use Dreamweaver, if you wnat to make sites that Micorsoft want ans orce you to make, use Frontpage, aslo frontpage does not support php and/or anything else other than basoic html :).Macromedia Ownas!Microsoft sucks!

Yea, if you have dreamweaver don't bother with microsoft frontpage. It writes the code really messy. I have dreamweaver and in my opinion it was worth every penny. It may take a while to learn to use that program but be patient with yourself.

If you are able to purchase it, or can get it through some people you know, Dreamweaver is worth using. It was pretty much everything you want in an HTML editor and there are extensions which you can easily connect to other programs like Flash, Fireworks, Freehand, etc. (That is, if you can dive into the full STUDIO package).

I mess around with it alot at school, and i cant seem to get the tables to move where i want them too, just to the 3 options, Center, Right and left, Im really getting mad at this, because I want to make a nice layout, but tables wont move where I need them too,so i need some help if anyone cant post here. Another thing is, it worth getting that for making layouts?Its like 500 dollars and Im not gunna waste it.. And can tables be expandable without the template going to hell? Please help me out a bit here...Thanks

194992[/snapback]

First, if you want to make good quality layouts, very flexible and fast loadin, then I suggest you to FORGET using tables.

Use divs instead. Tables slow down the page load, they make the code hard to read by search engines, thus decreasing the chance of getting a high page rank.

Divs are specialy designed for creating the layout, but some people tend to use tables instead, since they find it easier to design. It's a bit tricky when you try to switch from tables to divs, but once you get used to it, it's very easy to create your page layouts.

If you have dreamweaver, you might notice that the pre-made css templates in the program are made using 100% divs.

Good luck. :P

Hello, sakalIn Dreamweaver, hitting the Enter key makes a full paragraph break. To make a single line break, hit Shift-Enter.Dreamweaver will only allow the user to make one space between characters with the Space Bar. You can add more spaces (called "Non-Breaking Spaces") by choosing the Character tab in the Insert menu, which is directly above the work space, and choosing the Non-Breaking Space button, which is the second from the left.Don't use the Non-Breaking Space to align text into rows or columns, that is best done with a table. If you use nbs to align text, it will look different from computer to computer, depending on how that person has set their text size and screen preferences. Using a table ensures that your neat rows will still be neat rows, no matter what computer.As far as the templet goes as far as you rename the file you'll always have the original.I suppost you have red the help section lessons in the dreamweaver IDE. I would goback, and reread the part on tables.

i prefer Xisto :P but macromedia is very complete and very easy althouht is more difficult than microsoft frontpage. macromedia dreamweaver have more options of design than microsft front page. to sum up i prefer macromedia for theis options but i like trap 17 with theis hostins and cash sistem, is very new and very funny to make your own hosting.

in dreamweaver to get the table to move where i want is to draw the table in a layer them when i like the look of the table i move the layer and the table will move to as it is in the layer then when you have the layer in a place u like u lock the layer to the page and then the table wont move as it is in the layer and the layer is locked to the page and then add the stuff you want to add to the table.